Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

custom Westar 34 style pistol

• 4 Replies

Captain Flint

• akaanir urakto bal ash'amur ti ijaat
custom Westar 34 style pistol
« on: Oct 24, 2015, 03:20 PM »
hello all, I'm currently building my pistol (primary weapon) for my suit which is intended to be a mobile engineer when complete so I began with just a thought of it being a variation of a Westar 34 then my thoughts drifted of a little but now it's come back to a sort of customised W 34 looking weapon, so I found templates for the W 34 grip and trigger on another members W 34 custom build and just drew that out on to 6MM MDF with some bulk above to work from
like so

which cut out like this, the piece sticking up on top was intended on being some form of basic sight but that later got scraped
using the first cut out as a template I made two more and traced out the trigger section, so I would be able to cut the piece out and sit the trigger in on the centre board I also cut an 8 inch barrel from 15MM plastic barrier pipe

when all were sanded and loosely clamped this was the result, it was at this stage that I removed my thoughts of a sight and instead planned on putting a short barrel at the back (lets call it a rear barrel section) and put more pipe over lapping them both with sloping ends so it led me back to a very W 34 looking weapon (ignoring my episode II chess set in the back ground thet wasn't intended on being in the photo)

I caped the rear barrel section off with just a 15MM end cap and sanded the righting off of the end by dremel then by hand with a fine 320 grit to smooth it back up. those last two pic's haven't come out too good they wont stay rotated but you get the idea, that's where I'm up to right now, need to fix the body together go over it with bondo (once I've procured some) resand to final dimensions rub and buff barrel sections paint body affix together, then I have a thought on a heat sink chunk that will sit below the barrel, I will have to give you all some pic's as I go with that coz it's hard to explain, anyway that's all for now :)

Customised Westar 34 pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=101143.0

"We are born to die. We live to be remembered" mandalorian proverb

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: custom Westar 34 style pistol
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:07 PM »
The emitter nozzle pushes the barrel up and away from the lower rail. I would shorten the rail so it terminates just before the emitter.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Captain Flint

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:40 PM »
by strange coincidence I've just marked it up for that purpose this evening,  it may look a little bit botched at the moment but I tend to be a perfectionist so it will be perfect before I decide it's complete :)

Customised Westar 34 pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=101143.0

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Nice start, looking forward to seeing more  8)

Captain Flint

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2015, 02:09 PM »
had a load of spray paints delivered today (gunmetal, primer, mat black, royal blue, AA van yellow) along with rub n buff and bronze marker pens, I saw someone use them for rust style weathering under paint chips in a you tube vid so thought it was worth a go, hopefully getting the few bits I need for the heat sink in the next day or so, so I just need to source bondo (Halfords seems to be the place to go for price but there's no Halfords in Halifax anymore :S need a trip to Huddersfield :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!