Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first helmet

• 6 Replies

steelpin

• Drex Kon
My first helmet
« on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Last weekend I went to a salvage store(Hudson’s Treasure Hunt in Forest, MS) and lucked up and found a HBF Helmet for $2.28 with no range finder. I'm following the steps I found here to make it useable.

after taking the visor out.

after cutting and trimming for the narrow visor and botched Bondo try (forgot to add the hardener). I'm currently scrapping off the Bondo and I'm going to redo it the correct way tomorrow

Now to find some time to finish sanding and doing final touches to the visor to get a uniform shape

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2015, 07:54 AM by steelpin » Logged

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My first helmet
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Wow!  Great find vod!!  Looks like you're off to a great start as far as modding the HBF.  If we can help with anything, please let us know! 

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Hahaha nice! Gotta love those bargain bin finds  ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2015, 09:37 PM »
 8)

I'm watching with interest.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

steelpin

• Drex Kon
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2015, 06:42 PM »
How long does it take for the Bondo smell to go away?

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2015, 01:48 AM »
How long does it take for the Bondo smell to go away?
A little while. It might take a week or two to off gas, once you start sanding and layering it with paint it speeds up the smell dissipating.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

steelpin

• Drex Kon
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2015, 09:32 AM »
Ok thanks

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!