Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bardan Jusik?

• 27 Replies

MadCelt

• Just a little man trying to stay in God's plan.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Bardan Jusik?
« on: Oct 27, 2015, 06:26 PM »
My eldest loves the charater concept of Bardan Jusik. I was going to kit him up as the character but didn't know if it would be accepted as Official "Legends" character for him to troop in. Here are some of the consistent reference pics I've located:

Would these be enough to establish a CRL, or at least get the discussion started?

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Bardan Jusik?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2015, 06:29 PM »
No, unfortunately not. We need references from official sources, but none really exist. The ones you linked are fan art, so they can't really be used for the purposes of creating an accurate, canon CRL.

For now, those hoping to build a Bardan costume can still do so, but they won't be approved as a canon costume, won't be able to carry a lightsaber, and will have to choose a different name. I know that's not ideal, but it's how it is right now.

MadCelt

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Not until someone at LFL/Disney says "This is a pic of Bardan...", eh?

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Or if he appears in a comic or videogame or something. Sometimes official LFL artists do create art of obscure characters for some reason or another though.

MadCelt

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2015, 12:32 PM »
I'm searching....

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2015, 03:28 PM »
I found this old post from PJ about there being at least 1 approved Bardan Jusik in the club.  The CRLs make a specific exemption on the lightsaber/darksaber ban for Bardan, Kad/Venku Skirata and Pre Viszla.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70384.msg1068209#msg1068209

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2015, 04:19 PM »
PJ was PO a long time ago though. Yes, an approved Bardan could carry a lightsaber, but right now, we really don't know enough about what Bardan should look like to approve a Bardan.

Dar'manda

• Dar'manda
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:28 PM »
I wasn't going for canon approval for him, but as Jusik is my favorite Mandalorian as well, I based my custom build on him. The lighter yellow highlights are meant to echo the Kiffar yellow tattoos, since he hides as a Kiffar healer when living as Gotab.
I used mostly Jango templates for the build, since Gotab wore Skirata armor and Skirata canon is off Jango, and the black Delta13 belt is a combination of Jango and Rav Bralor pouches, with a horizontal saber-hiding pouch in the back.

Here's the pouch, it was made to fit a 3D print of a Luke ROTJ saber, but it currently holds the inside flashlight portion of a Disneyland build-your-own saber kit.

After I sent in my app pics, I shot an email with some photos to Karan Traviss and got this response:

Hi Jason. That looks fantastic – thank you for letting me see that.
I'm always bowled over by the quality of costuming. That really is superb.
I don't think there's an issue about the fabric parts of the costume. I worked on the basis that they'd change that quite a lot as the fancy took them (and when stuff was being laundered!) so there were maybe a few basic colours that each person would mix and match. If you think of the way you'd mix parts of a real-world military uniform, you get the idea. I allowed for the fact that Mandos would also change armour colour and sigils, either temporarily or permanently,  if they wanted to make a statement of some kind. So it's pretty flexible. Mandos would be minimalist on rules and regulations.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:41 PM »
I'm working on a Bardan the only lucas official picture of him that i have been able to find is the trading card. I will upload the picture of the card later today.

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016, 08:48 PM by Venku Skirata » Logged
Vode Kay Harr Kyr
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:19 PM »
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr254/surf_rider56/JediKnightBardanJusik.png

and a second card i believe the rule is you have to have 2 references......so these would be it. both show no jet back both show green armor with yellow accent colors. light saber and one with a pistol to. Jango Fett style armor.

Vode Kay Harr Kyr

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Can't see the first pic.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:36 PM »
I can't see the first pic, but I don't believe the second pic would be usable as reference.  It appears to be a rough sculpt and doesn't possess enough detail to create CRLs from.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:37 PM »
How did you get yours on the thread without a URL and ill try to do that

Vode Kay Harr Kyr
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Here is the fist one again i put it on photo bucket hopefully it works.

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/Fiskirata1/media/Bardan%20Jusik_zpscemtplgo.jpg.html

Vode Kay Harr Kyr
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:57 PM »
The second one may be a ruff sculpt but it has the Lucasarts copy right on it.
but what we can tell from the picture is no jet back, lightsaber, Jango Fett style armor, Green, jedi robe, brown/tan softs.
That's defiantly a start and the other picture shows a bit more detail.

Vode Kay Harr Kyr

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:59 PM »
What game are these from? Are these official cards? I've seen both these images before as fan-made artwork. The first one is obviously photoshopped. Also, neither of these show the back of the costume.

« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2016, 12:04 AM »
the one i re-posted i looks legit to me. the other one i can defiantly see as fan made or photo shopped.

Vode Kay Harr Kyr

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2016, 12:22 AM »
The figure is a fan-modified version of this

Here's the original image of that other card. I don't see it linked to any official Star Wars source.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:42 AM »
O so disappointing!

Vode Kay Harr Kyr

Dar'manda

• Dar'manda
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2016, 02:08 PM »
Venku, you should do a Venku-inspired build! I think there's some detail about which panels are what colors given in the stories.

« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2016, 04:57 PM »
Yea ive been thinking about that too maybe i will.

Vode Kay Harr Kyr

Dar'manda

• Dar'manda
« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Yea ive been thinking about that too maybe i will.

I don't mean to tell you how to do your armor, I've just always had that pipe-dream in the back of doing something like that, different paint scheme and weathering on each, it'd be amazing.
At this point, I'll wear the Gotab-inspired kit and dream of maybe going canon Kal Skirata one day...

Senpai

• OM 1714
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #23 on: Sep 22, 2016, 10:57 AM »
Wow what a shame, i wanted to do a Jusik kit also.

Hopefully one day.....

Dar'manda

• Dar'manda
« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Wow what a shame, i wanted to do a Jusik kit also.

Hopefully one day.....

Do one inspired by him. Just because you can't officially call yourself him doesn't take it away from you. I love knowing that my look is inspired by him.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!