Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

soft parts wip

• 3 Replies
soft parts wip
« on: Nov 14, 2015, 11:43 AM »
I have been slowly working on a few bits ...over last few months mainly a girth belt and ammo belt and new gun

the ammo boxes are made of wood and from a template i found on here
the girth belt is made from rope and some square rings from an old bag ...and the strap and fasteners are from an old dog harness...still trying to dye the rope brown as the white keeps showing through when it gaps ...slowly getting there just needs more weathering again since i dyed it ...plans afoot for a couple of boba fett style pouches as well

stitching is a little off (first attempt on borrowed sewing machine) and not sure about the black ...may try and make some new ones in brown when i get the chance
Are standard belt buckles allowed on the belt ? or are they classed as to earthy ?

Been having trouble trying to make  a flack jacket template that i am happy with ....have tried the tutorials on here and i think i am getting closer ..trouble just finding the time to get it sorted these....update to follow 

my dads old flight suit i am using
since this picture most of the extra zips and pockets have been removed ...got a few more zips to cover and hopefully that will be finished apart from weathering ...again will update with a newer picture soon

Ihala

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: soft parts wip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Your buckle is fine, if you think it stands out too much you could weather it by sanding it a bit and rubbing some paint on it. Nice work on the girth belt and pouches.  The flight suit will be good once the zips are hidden.

Elek, ke gana ash...
"Yes, have some..."

MMCC #1112
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:19 PM »
wasn't to happy with the ammo boxes so decided to redo them in brown (was getting rid of the sofa I had so lots of brown leather)
while i was at it decided to make the belt aswell .... happy with the way its turned out

belt has strip of velco to hold it but can have a tie added through the holes if needed

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:46 AM »
Awesome job if you have made them all up yourself!

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!