Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Darkravage's ComMando bucket

• 11 Replies
Darkravage's ComMando bucket
« on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Hi everyone.  I wanted to make a thread for my helmet.  Its almost done, but I'll post pictures of my process.

This is the raw helmet, ready for paint.

I painted a layer of silver, then used spots of vaseline to create weathering.   I then use a layer of gold to make the weathering more interesting.

Here is the top and bottom painted.   The cheeks will be red and the visor area will be orange.

Shuk'a Runi

• Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
Re: Darkravage's ComMando bucket
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2015, 04:56 AM »
Looks nice there vod  :)

May I ask, is that a bought one or did you made it yourself(just curious  :D)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Thanks!  I bought it from Galaxy Creations.
Here are some pictures of the finished helmet:

Here's what it looks like on me:

Shuk'a Runi

• Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2015, 08:13 PM »
Gorgeous *.*
I really like the light on the visor  ;)

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Thanks!  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  Looking out the visor with the lights around my vision makes everything look really cool. 

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2015, 12:53 PM »
What size head does that fit? Very nice bucket.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2015, 02:06 PM »
I have a pretty big head, and it fits me great!  I have one of the newest Boba Fett helmets that was at Target this year, and my nose was smooshed against the visor on that helmet, but I have no problems with this helmet.

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2015, 10:55 PM »
Shuck'a in case you were curious, this looks like a rip off make or Dha Brals commando which I personally think has nicer crisper lines.:)

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2015, 11:13 PM »
Yeah, Dha Bral has the legit mold.

In any case, you will most likely need to extend that visor all the way down to the bottom of the T.  They'll sometimes let tiny gaps slip past, but that visor looks like it comes up an inch or so short.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2015, 11:26 PM »
Yeah, Dha Bral has the legit mold.

In any case, you will most likely need to extend that visor all the way down to the bottom of the T.  They'll sometimes let tiny gaps slip past, but that visor looks like it comes up an inch or so short.
It's a trick of perspective.   It's well less than an inch.  It's less than half that.

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2015, 01:18 AM »
At first, I personally wasn't sure about this one. But your lights and color scheme really made this one pop, Vod. I can't wait to see the finished kit.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2015, 10:16 AM »
At first, I personally wasn't sure about this one. But your lights and color scheme really made this one pop, Vod. I can't wait to see the finished kit.
Thanks!  I'm waiting for my armor to come in, but I'm going to get my soft parts done while I wait.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!