Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Revival!!!

• 239 Replies

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Demor making legacy(3rd times the charm right?)
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Per the crl you can use quality elastic on your knees -exposed even, as long as it matches your flight suit. And swings as your suit it black you can use the elastic and have Velcro on the front to hold them in place.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 09:18 PM »
im going to see the velcro option first. i have to pick some up anyway i think  because of my thighs. i am having issues with those as well.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19 PM »
Lol my elastic velcro to my knees!

QMU#084

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39 PM »
What've you got left to do on the fabric weathering?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 08:06 AM »
What've you got left to do on the fabric weathering?

i think that i my flight suit could be darkened a little on the left side but im kinda happy with it the way it is. ive been through hell in those already. those are my navy coveralls that ive had for a good 6 years. good old fashioned Persian gulf weathering right there. lol. My flak jacket could  also be darkened more as well.
 as bowfanny pointed out, im gonna have to redo my girth belt because you couldn't make out my ammo belt, but that was something that i figured i was going to have  to do anyway. if there is anything you can see that needs attention the advise is greatly appreciated

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52 AM »
Hmmmmm. For the amount of force that would have taken out that paint you are looking at a lot more damage to the soft parts on that side, especially the lighter vest. I know some would be covered by arm, but not all of it.

I have the same damage pattern, my flightsuit sleeve and edge of my vest are covered in bright coloured stitching (I had to be creative as my flightsuit and vest are black) and that side of my kama is a lot more damaged.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 10:57 AM »
small update..... weathered my kama/loin cloth....

Noted on the flight suit. I'll play around and see what i can do to dirty and roughen it up more. I did burn the hell out of my Kama, as pictured above. But I can work at it more. And I'll dirty and cut the vest up more. Any thoughts on te armor?

« Reply #57 on: Oct 27, 2017, 07:36 PM »
After much time passing, I am restarting the kit. I sold off most of it a year ago and now its time to rebuild. Im gonna go with the drake templates this time. while I wait for my sintra to arrive, I have decided to start on the knees with what I have available.

Bowfanny

Re: The Revival!!!
« Reply #58 on: Oct 27, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Glad to see you back at it!

QMU#084
« Reply #59 on: Oct 27, 2017, 08:22 PM »
hopefully this one gets done.... been 4 years now :(

Bowfanny

« Reply #60 on: Oct 27, 2017, 09:55 PM »
hopefully this one gets done.... been 4 years now :(
You’ll get there Vod

QMU#084
« Reply #61 on: Oct 31, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Torso plates are cut and awaiting shaping. I bought enough sintra so I'm going to try a heavy look. Anyone know where I might find templates for wrap around thighs. Those are the one tyope of plate I have the most issue with getting to sit right

*******Update*******

Chest peice and abs

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2017, 12:33 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #62 on: Nov 01, 2017, 02:25 AM »
That looks bad Shebs Vod! I really like the shaping.

QMU#084
« Reply #63 on: Nov 01, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Thanks. One of the upsides to being on the forums for four years is that I have seen a lot of inspiration. I might have to do a small extension under the chest plate to help the abs sag a little better.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #64 on: Nov 01, 2017, 11:38 AM »
That looks bad Shebs Vod! I really like the shaping.

Bow is right...that's some amazing shapework going on, right there. :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."
« Reply #65 on: Nov 01, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Thanks Rob!! Its been a really long journey to get where i am now. Today I started on my back plate. like i stated earlier, looking to go with a heavy look, so ive been adding trauma plates, for both purpose and decoration. Its actaully funny, i didnt plan on having a skull like feature on my chest, it just kinda happened.

Well, in addition to adding trauma plates, i also decided that i would throw some bondo into the seams while it is still warm enough for the bondo to set properly. here is what i have for today so far.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #66 on: Nov 01, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Honestly, you've managed to perfectly pull off that "V" shape that I've tried repeatedly to do myself, and yet failed each time.

You have mad skillz that I'm envious of, my friend. ;)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Bowfanny

« Reply #67 on: Nov 01, 2017, 03:13 PM »
Definitely watching this for inspiration down the road.

QMU#084
« Reply #68 on: Nov 01, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Thanks bowfanny. Parts of my inspiration come from your builds. I just got to thinking bout Z97's build I saw go up for sale and just had to attempt something like that here. With winter setting in I'm gonna be limited as to what I can do. Do what we can though. Have to find a bucket that will fit my noggin that isn't gonna break the bank and try to work on gaunts too. That's the real pain there cause I was gonna use my printer, but it isn't cooperating with me. Every time I get close to completing my bucket, it deforms or falls apart on the bed. And I've done all the calibration I can with it for now.

Bowfanny

« Reply #69 on: Nov 01, 2017, 07:27 PM »
Thanks bowfanny. Parts of my inspiration come from your builds. I just got to thinking bout Z97's build I saw go up for sale and just had to attempt something like that here. With winter setting in I'm gonna be limited as to what I can do. Do what we can though. Have to find a bucket that will fit my noggin that isn't gonna break the bank and try to work on gaunts too. That's the real pain there cause I was gonna use my printer, but it isn't cooperating with me. Every time I get close to completing my bucket, it deforms or falls apart on the bed. And I've done all the calibration I can with it for now.
What kind of printer do you have Vod? I use a Robo R1+ and the thing is a beast.

QMU#084
« Reply #70 on: Nov 01, 2017, 07:30 PM »
What kind of printer do you have Vod? I use a Robo R1+ and the thing is a beast.

A flashed Da Vinci 1.0a I wish I had done more research before I got it, but it was 200 off when I got it. I have made some things that worked well, but its always the bucket and gauntlets I have issues with.

Bowfanny

« Reply #71 on: Nov 01, 2017, 07:35 PM »
A flashed Da Vinci 1.0a I wish I had done more research before I got it, but it was 200 off when I got it. I have made some things that worked well, but its always the bucket and gauntlets I have issues with.
Totally understand the struggle, had a print get messed up Monday because of a blip in my power at the house. Basically the machine stopped, power came back and it thought it was somewhere else than it was and continued printing offset from where it should have. Caught it early enough it wasn’t a huge waste of filament. I almost went with a davinci but I was pointed at the Robo by M3mory here on forums and I am glad I listened. I’ve done up many sets of gaunts for folks including some Boba Gaunts which I print.

QMU#084
« Reply #72 on: Nov 01, 2017, 08:38 PM »
I really wish I had shopped around a bit more. Before I flashed it, I was only able to print things under 2 inches,  after I flashed it got better for a while. Was able to print a few guns, and I did print a bucket  but the bucket came apart as I was sanding and I had a hard time repairing it. It sucks too cause I have a imp super trooper bucket I modified slightly that I was going to print, as well as prepro boba gaunts on thingiverse that I was trying to print, but the latest issue I had with the printer is the print sticks to half of the platform then creates a huge mess on the other half.

But I digress. Got my back all cut out and waiting for the epoxy to dry. I'm thinking I'm going to use the SWG shoulders and clone style biceps. I might work on those tomorrow, if my school work isn't too much

Bowfanny

« Reply #73 on: Nov 01, 2017, 10:22 PM »
I really wish I had shopped around a bit more. Before I flashed it, I was only able to print things under 2 inches,  after I flashed it got better for a while. Was able to print a few guns, and I did print a bucket  but the bucket came apart as I was sanding and I had a hard time repairing it. It sucks too cause I have a imp super trooper bucket I modified slightly that I was going to print, as well as prepro boba gaunts on thingiverse that I was trying to print, but the latest issue I had with the printer is the print sticks to half of the platform then creates a huge mess on the other half.

But I digress. Got my back all cut out and waiting for the epoxy to dry. I'm thinking I'm going to use the SWG shoulders and clone style biceps. I might work on those tomorrow, if my school work isn't too much
I use a butt load of purple glue sticks. Seriously it sticks the print down really well and is water soluable so cleaning up between prints is easy.

QMU#084
« Reply #74 on: Nov 01, 2017, 10:39 PM »
I do too.  It could just be the platform is too high on one side. Be the other thing is in using the same nozzle I got the printer with.either way it's a paper weight until I decide to mess with it again.  Thing has been a pain in shebs since I got it :-[

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!