Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Revival!!!

• 239 Replies
The Revival!!!
« on: Nov 21, 2015, 12:33 PM »
alright folks, i wanna say this is my third attempt at making legacy armor, but i cant be sure. any whooo......here is the start. this time, i am actually going through the fitting process beffore i make the actual armor. so far this is what i got.

torso armor

critiques are welcome. in the process of searching for a helmet, and 3d printed gaunts.

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017, 07:37 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Demor making legacy(3rd times the charm right?)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Nice, looks very well fitted to you. Reminds me a lot of the shape of my Legacy kit.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Thanks. I tried the other two templates and always ended up a little wide. Only reason I didn't try this one is because the template was annoying to cutout and tape together.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2015, 06:26 PM »
Got my sintra in today, gonna start transferring the templates over to it after dinner. Also ordered my helmet which should be on the way soon, as well as my gauntlets and some grenades. While building, I might start the progression into brigades, trying for demo. Not too worried bout it at the moment though.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Looks good. How is it with bending at the waist?

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Looks good. How is it with bending at the waist?

will take some getting used to, but luckily, i'm not attaching them all together like i have in the past. well i have most of the plates cut out, not getting to shaping just yet. got some presents in the mail..... low and behold the bucket and grenades

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Those look like my templates, yeah sorry I keep meaning to go back and make the easier to put together.  One issue you will have, That I have discovered is that they will snap above the shoulder.  I would suggest reinforcing it or adding a hinge.  There is just too much pressure on the section.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2015, 11:44 AM »
I actually separated the collar piece in half and attached hinges where I separated. I couldn't quite get my ginormous head in the hole. Plus hinges with removable pins make things easy. I've got it mostly put together and primed with te first coat of aluminum paint. I'll post up what I have.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2015, 03:17 AM »
Those look like Jarek's grenades. ;D

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2015, 07:24 AM »
That they are. Update coming soon. Laptop being stupid so I can't get on photo bucket

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2015, 04:20 PM »
update- chest painting doneish. needs a little more weathering, but i am happy so far

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Just for the record. The explosion wasn't me this time! 8)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Nah... This is why you don't make your own.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2015, 09:07 PM »
minor update- thighs are somewhat done.

« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2016, 07:15 PM »
alright got an update here. just trying out everything i have so far. still need my boot plates, knees, gauntlets and shoulders.
im unsure how i will be doing my shoulders at this point, but here is a photo of the armor as it stands right now.

Like i said i still have alot of work to do at this point, but it was a test fit to get feedback

Kris Jasra

« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2016, 05:42 AM »
Casual Mando work day :P Everything you've got so far looks good to me.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:07 PM »
thanks kris. lazy mando day really... just didnt want to put the flightsuit on .... lol

here is a "finished" upper. still need to do the black wash

Towhan Svel

• wat
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:20 PM »
My goodness vod, that's glorious!

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Yy thank you kind gentle being. I've been attempting a kit for2 years now and it is nice to have it finally coming along. Multiple(more than three) attempts using various materials, trying modern and legacy. Now I just need my gauntlets to be all set.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Eh, Pity we're on opposite sides of the world. We would make a good picture of a right pair of idiots who haven't learnt to duck :P

« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Eh, Pity we're on opposite sides of the world. We would make a good picture of a right pair of idiots who haven't learnt to duck :P
Demolitions is an art form. I like to watch my art.... It would make for an interesting photo though

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2016, 03:06 PM »
...have you considered having a robotic left arm? ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2016, 03:19 PM »
Lol if I had the skills, yes. Sadly, I'm working of of a limited income so kinda hard to do...

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:12 PM »
Well, I suppose it's always a possibility for an upgrade later on :P

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Upgrades are starting to run through my head.... ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!