Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Revival!!!

• 121 Replies

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGUNGIGATOR
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: The Revival!!!
« Reply #105 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:11 PM »
It looks like itís on itís way to becoming a decent bucket Vod.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
Dog lobster supporter #38
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120
Kilted Mando Brigade Member #24

« Reply #106 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Luckily my girlfriend had a motorcycle helmet that she never used and I used that for the dome. I'm a little worried that it is too large, but that could be a good thing too. I know the name stalker was a little large on me but the lonewolf executioner was a little tight. If it's a little large that just means more electronics lol. Luckily the wof template was only a inch short in back and I can make that work for me. I know we arent fans of using cardboard, but considering that the dome is already heavy, i figured it would be a bit more stable

Bowfanny

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #107 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Luckily my girlfriend had a motorcycle helmet that she never used and I used that for the dome. I'm a little worried that it is too large, but that could be a good thing too. I know the name stalker was a little large on me but the lonewolf executioner was a little tight. If it's a little large that just means more electronics lol. Luckily the wof template was only a inch short in back and I can make that work for me. I know we arent fans of using cardboard, but considering that the dome is already heavy, i figured it would be a bit more stable
We have a tutorial for making cardboard based kit pieces approvable.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #108 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:59 PM »
Helmet revision

Bowfanny

« Reply #109 on: Nov 14, 2017, 07:34 PM »
I think you have a visor condition Vod ;D
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #110 on: Nov 14, 2017, 08:46 PM »
I think you have a visor condition Vod ;D
What it the hole too small? Lol just had to see if I could see out of it. I figured with the weather getting too cold to fast(went from 70-30 in under a week), I would mix it up. I've always been against sintra as a helmet material due to ease of warping, but I figured I get the main sections set up and I can paint for use, then when it gets warmer I can reenforce as needed.my only concern ATM is that it feels  little large. But I'm also used to the confinement of a modern bucket so the roomyness is a welcome feeling. Now I can finally put my electronics in a bucket

Bowfanny

« Reply #111 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:14 PM »
What it the hole too small? Lol just had to see if I could see out of it. I figured with the weather getting too cold to fast(went from 70-30 in under a week), I would mix it up. I've always been against sintra as a helmet material due to ease of warping, but I figured I get the main sections set up and I can paint for use, then when it gets warmer I can reenforce as needed.my only concern ATM is that it feels  little large. But I'm also used to the confinement of a modern bucket so the roomyness is a welcome feeling. Now I can finally put my electronics in a bucket
Electronics are awesome sauce!
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #112 on: Nov 15, 2017, 10:31 AM »
So I may have figured out my printers issue. It seems as if the wiring harness that goes into the extruder motor was loose. I may have "fixed" it but I won't know for sure until I can print

Bowfanny

« Reply #113 on: Nov 15, 2017, 05:26 PM »
So I may have figured out my printers issue. It seems as if the wiring harness that goes into the extruder motor was loose. I may have "fixed" it but I won't know for sure until I can print
Fingers crossed for you Vod!
Mines being cranky but I know itís the slicer so I get to redo a gaunt topper Iíve been trying to print that ended up corrupted and didnít slice right.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #114 on: Nov 15, 2017, 06:32 PM »
I've been test printing pieces for the ears/range finders and it's loading. The issue I'm running into now is the pieces want to pull away from the rafts. I could just have it doing too much though. But it workd!!!! Now to print gaunts

Bowfanny

« Reply #115 on: Nov 15, 2017, 06:44 PM »
I've been test printing pieces for the ears/range finders and it's loading. The issue I'm running into now is the pieces want to pull away from the rafts. I could just have it doing too much though. But it workd!!!! Now to print gaunts
Rafts I canít help with but I use purple glue stick to stick down all of my prints without rafts. Just the priming border to load up the filament for the first bit of the print.
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #116 on: Nov 15, 2017, 07:00 PM »
i use the glue sticks as well. easier than using a slurry mixture or the kapton tape. i started using rafts because my prints kept pulling off of the platform and that was a suggestion given to me. but i will prob drop my raft layers down to one instead of 3 to see it that helps

Rangefinders printed using Aprils files from thingiverse

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 10:26 PM by Demor Kodiko » Logged

« Reply #117 on: Nov 17, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Left Gaunt printed in full minus the rocket. sized great

I'm gonna start on my right gaunt soon. I'm not sure what my plan for the rocket area is going to be, if I'm going to use it as the rocket itself or if i will try to create something different that will fit in the slot

Bowfanny

« Reply #118 on: Nov 17, 2017, 02:56 PM »
Thatís one beefy gaunt Vod!
K.O.M.S. # 037
E.R.A. #033
BoBB#002
MABEL #062
MMCC #1120

« Reply #119 on: Nov 17, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Thatís one beefy gaunt Vod!
its the right length give or take. only issue i have with it is the gaps between my arm and the gaunts at the openings. but its nothing a little padding wont fix. top half sits about 3 inches high but given that I'm attempting a beefy kit, maybe a beefy gauntlet isn't so bad

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!