Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest from a vendor

• 10 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Vest from a vendor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Don't buy that. It won't fit right because the pattern wasn't made right.

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2015, 09:46 AM »
Stay away from that vendor. He has been banned from the MMCC for his items being high cost, low quality. The following comes from the CRLs' additional info seciton:

"Schubiwon/Shubiwan armour is banned for use in the MMCC. This is solely to protect our members from what has been deemed within the costuming community as overpriced and subpar armour."

While that is a vest and not his actual armor that is banned the quality to cost ratio is probably the same. We have quality vest makers on the forums Sidi Ren and Kraam Xraati are two of the premier vest makers on here and I haven't heard a bad word about either of their products. They will be more expensive than that vest you are looking at but their quality is nigh-unbeatable.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Contact Sidi if your looking to buy a quality vest. She's a great person all around and would be glad to help. I'll be getting mine soon. ;)

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:43 PM »
So many problems with that vest...
Deffinately go with Sidi or Kraam (I have 2 Sidi vests and love them, and I've seen several Kraam ones that were all were top notch). They're equivalently prices, mostly just differ on features (for example, the neck seals are different). I believe there are also a couple people that make budget vests, but I can't remember who they are atm, or even if they're still doing them. As a rule, try to stick to vendors here on the forums. You sometimes find deals on Ebay and Etsy, but not always. And Ebay in particular is filled with recasters and copycats that rip off other people's ideas and sell them as their own

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2015, 11:43 AM »
^^^ what mal said ^^^ you can get some good stuff on ebay but unless you know what your looking at it's best to be cautious all the sellers in our supply depot come with glowing revues from folk here that have purchased their products. good luck with your build.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:30 PM »
https://www.etsy.com/listing/103895932/flak-vest-for-bounty-hunters-mandalorian

What about this one, in case we have already been snooping around?

Natan Vizsla

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:49 PM »
I don't know that vendor so I won't say anything positive or negative. As we have stated Sidi and Kraam are some of the best vest makers here and their work is very high quality.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:22 PM »
I did some digging, and the vendor I just shared is really good as it seems.

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:25 PM »
If you are content with that vendor then go ahead.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:41 PM »
If you buy from Sidi your getting your money's worth. Great quality stuff.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!