Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Late Crusader Planning

• 5 Replies
Late Crusader Planning
« on: Nov 22, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Has anyone done a build on this character? I've sketched up what I think their back plate would look like. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.  :)

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2015, 07:39 AM by Mirdala Galaar » Logged
"... we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time . . . the third edge is the Mandalorian."   - Vergere

Armor WIP
Re: Late Crusader Concept.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2015, 06:00 PM »
I've started doing a breakdown of the plates.

Here is a better drawing of how I plan to do the vest.

I'm not sure whether or not to do the vest in two pieces and stitch them together, or to make the vest one piece.
Advice?

In the original picture I did not see any armor in abdomen area, but the CRL's for Crusaders stipulates that an ab plate is required.
Any thoughts?

Here are the shoulder plates:

The center plate:

And the helmet (the bottom two):

Does anyone have a pep file for this helmet or know someone who can make one? I'm not that adept with pepakura.
I'm going under the assumption that the armor is symmetrical.

Any help is welcome.  :)

"... we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time . . . the third edge is the Mandalorian."   - Vergere

Armor WIP

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Late Crusader Concept.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Bowfanny has a pretty sweet pep file for a helmet that would work great for this kit.  Check out this thread:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93870.0

Also, per the CRL's for the Crusader era, a vest is not required.  You *can* have one if you want, but it's not necessary.  Hope that helps vod, I can't wait to see where this goes! 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Late Crusader Planning
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:37 AM »
My file isn't quite the bees knees as far as this helmet design is. It looks like something else. Personally I'd start the helmet with caution and care and a two part visor. You might even be able to mod something to come close.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2016, 11:00 AM »
I've been going through papercraftsquare.com and I've found some something that would work as a good base. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures in later.

Armor WIP

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2016, 01:27 PM »
I've been going through papercraftsquare.com and I've found some something that would work as a good base. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures in later.
A Thomas helmet would almost be a good starting point.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!