Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Knee Armor Help Please.

• 6 Replies

Adenn Ram'ser

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Knee Armor Help Please.
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I'm looking at both Jango Fett's and Boba Fett's knee armor templates. I'm not understanding them. Help please.

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Knee Armor Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 09:08 PM »
I taped the templates for the main cup, left arm, and right arm together and then made that a single piece. The arms overlapped the main cup quite a bit for me when I taped them together. You can adjust that based on how much of an arm you want them to have, usually just so the arms touch in the center will work.

They arcs will become the lower portion that scoops back under the kneecap, I hotglued and bondo'd these to the main cup. The extras for the arms were similarly attached.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Dha'senaar has some pretty good pictures of the process he used over in his build thread.  Pg. 17 - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79273.240

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2015, 03:03 PM »
It's confusing to look at, but it made sense to me once I was able to cut them out and lay them over each other.  The left and right arms are designed so that you can extend them as far as you need from the cup, and then tape them into place so you can use the whole thing as a template.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:10 PM »
Here is an image of how I did it. The L arms are for the left knee and the R arms are for the right knee.

Commander Nokka Tarc

• Make what you can, buy what you can't.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2015, 12:31 AM »
What I did was make a jig from mdf out of the main shape the templates gave me and I shaped them on that. for the thin pieces that are at the bottom of Natan's picture I just cut those out of sintra and sanded them so when they line up with the main kneecap theres a big place in between them to be filled with glue and bondo. As far as the left and right arm I just cut them separate for the paper template to get the sizing right on my body and then for the actual kneecap I just cut it all as one piece( arms and kneecap).

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2015, 06:18 AM »
Just having to do this myself Here's how to decipher the templates... (with pics, including the jig I built to bend them)

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93907.msg1458580#msg1458580

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!