Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Legacy WIP of a snowed in Southerner.

• 1 Replies
Legacy WIP of a snowed in Southerner.
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Making my first set of armor and going with legacy.  I suck at drawing so you guys get the long description of what is in my head.  I do have most of my templates cut out and will take a picture with them taped on after I can kick all my in-laws out of here this weekend. 
I'm using Olhd Vart's Large templates. 

So in addition to those I plan on doing flak plates that overlap as well to keep with the same theme with the rest of the armor. 

Armor vest: is going to be black and made from duck canvas.  Neck seal built into the vest with a zipper in the back that only goes down a few inches to get my head through.  Both sides open up and overlap with Velcro.

Flight suit: black.

Strapping method: I'm thinking of doing snaps sewn into the vest and flight suit and attached to the armor.  Velcro as a secondary method to help ensure a secure grip. 

Black Leather Kamas: I don't want to do butt armor, I want to be able to sit.

Bucket: Scratch build using a hard hat and a plastic bucket.  Custom look.  Wanting to run electronics like voice amp and lights, but I'll run some flex from the helmet to a pack on the belt that will house power source and any circuitry to keep it dry.  Don't want no sweat shorting anything out. 

Anyways, the first pictures of my progress this weekend.

Oh the rest of the color scheme, Armor primarily white with red detail.   

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Legacy WIP of a snowed in Southerner.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:52 AM »
Sounds cool...can't wait to see progress!  :)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!