Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I need some infos about backpack

• 9 Replies
I need some infos about backpack
« on: Nov 26, 2015, 02:26 AM »
Hi guys,
Im searching on internet for some info but I don't really get some.
I'm actually making a foam Mandalorian armor, and I want to but a backpack because having nothing on my back look weird.

But I don't know what I'm supposed to put on a backpack.
Its not some random pieces put together, I don't want a jetpack because I don't like it :3
So have you a list or something, a "standard stuff" I can put on my back?

I apologize about my bad English, I'm french :v

Re: I need some infos about backpack
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Wow ... 34 reads and no one reply :/

I see a lot of Jetpack  / Backpack on this forum, but no one can tell me which standard stuff Mando have on them ? Like Radio, oxygen tank etc..

Karjair

• MMCC #1027
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:54 PM »
You might try searching for images of the Galactic Marine backpacks. The GM's look kinda like snowtroopers. Other than that, you can put just about anything you want on a backpack. It really only needs to look visually interesting.

Ihala

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 12:13 AM »
Follow the links and there are some good pix:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=73714.0

Elek, ke gana ash...
"Yes, have some..."

MMCC #1112
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:54 AM »
You might try searching for images of the Galactic Marine backpacks. The GM's look kinda like snowtroopers. Other than that, you can put just about anything you want on a backpack. It really only needs to look visually interesting.

Ohh this backpack look great ! Thanks !

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2015, 11:02 AM »
i'm not an app team member or even om yet but i'm pretty sure if you check the crl's foam is not an approvable material for building armour :(

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2015, 01:41 PM »
EVA and craft foams are not suitable for armor, they cn be used as backing for armor and for optional pieces like pauldrons.

For approval you will need a backplate under the pack. Plenty of people design their own packs, I've seen a few pepekura packs in the clone wars design. I haven't seen any sandtrooper packs by Mandos but they would be fine as well as the sleeker snowtrooper packs.

x
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2015, 10:13 PM »
i'm not an app team member or even om yet but i'm pretty sure if you check the crl's foam is not an approvable material for building armour :(

I dont get it, why foam isnt good ?
Or maybe you have some requierments for meeting / battle ?

My armor its just for a convention in my city (comicon-like, little french city version  :D) , but i ask on this forum because you all seem to be great mandalorians fan, so only you could give me some info !

And the Galactic Marine backpack look great

Karjair

• MMCC #1027
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: x
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2015, 09:15 AM »
I dont get it, why foam isnt good ?
Or maybe you have some requierments for meeting / battle ?

My armor its just for a convention in my city (comicon-like, little french city version  :D) , but i ask on this forum because you all seem to be great mandalorians fan, so only you could give me some info !

And the Galactic Marine backpack look great

The short answer is that foam armor pieces are not acceptable for use in a kit to be approved for membership according to the CRL's. Armor should be rigid and foam is not. It is possible to use fiberglass and resin to stiffen the foam but the process is more involved to prepare the foam and the resin doesn't always adhere to the foam very well.  It is less time consuming and more cost effective to use an approved armor material such as sintra.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2015, 09:39 PM »
Just want to reinforce this. EVA foam or any foam armor is not approvable.

Backpacks are OK for use but should cover the back. The backpack needs to cover enough area so that a backplate could presumably be underneath, but not seen. Backpacks should be modified so that they do not appear to be "off the shelf" items. Adding armor plating is a good way to alter a backpack to meet CRLs.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!