Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cheap ammo belt - dollar store cell phone cases as pouchs

• 5 Replies
I was thinking of an interesting way to make an ammo belt for a low cost but still make it look good. I have some leather to make a belt but not enough to make the pouches. Has anyone thought about getting cheat dollar store cell phone cases and making them work as ammo pouches? I know they would take some work to make them look right but the size and shape could work if you find the right cell phone cases.

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Cheap ammo belt - dollar store cell phone cases as pouchs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2015, 02:47 PM »
Good idea, but I'm afraid it goes against the CRL's:

Ammo belt and pouches:

You must have at least two of the following items in any combination: ammo belt, girth belt or waist sash, holster belt.
    No cell phone pouches on ammo belts for adult submissions.
    A Girth Belt/Waist Sash MAY be a required addition depending on the need for coverage in the waist/girth area.

IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2015, 03:42 PM »
So if you cant even tell they are cell phone cases it still won't count? what if i cover them with leather?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2015, 12:27 AM »
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using the found items in the first place though? If you're going to put all that effort into modifying an unsuitable item to pass CRLs (which it's not a given that you'll ever be able to make it work, btw, they're pretty good at spotting banned items) then you might as well put the effort into doing it right from the start.

On the other hand, if you're looking to buy pouches, Liberty Tree Collectors has a great vintage WWII pouch selection. Prices start around $8 for a double pouch, and their stock usually cleans up nice. It's where I got all of my pouches from.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:58 AM »
thanks for spending all my money... so many cool things to buy!

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2015, 08:58 AM »
It's what I'm here for :)

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!