Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bare Col'Mera True Mando Kit

• 0 Replies

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Bare Col'Mera True Mando Kit
« on: Jan 07, 2016, 12:44 AM »
Howdy vode!

I've gotten my feet wet with my v1, and I'd like to try my hand at a True Mando.  I loved the more uniform and militarized feel of the group, and how simple their look was.  Sometimes custom Mandos go a bit too far for my tastes, and this should have a nice and toned down look to it. 

Some comments on my ideas so far:
- Helmet will be a scratchbuild with ears my Droodles (prototype here).
- Armor will be Sintra.  My current plates were all gifts, so I'm looking forward to finally making my own.
- Paint will be bare metal with yellow accents, flight suit will be charcoal.
   - My concern is the metallic quality of the paint.  I have always had great results with Krylon, and their excellent customer service has made me a loyal customer.  However, I know I cannot clear coat my plates without ruining the metallic finish.  This means I can do a few things:  Leave it unprotected, use Rub n Buff, or try a buffable and sealable metalllic paint, like Testors Metalizer.  I'm probably going to test each method to see how they behave, especially in the Texas heat.
- Flak vest will be dark gray faux leather.
- I will not be using a jetpack, and my backplate will be segmented
- Plates will be secured with Velcro and button-holes will hide elastic strapping. 
- Weapon will be a DE-10 from ConDar Ward.  I'm going to paint it gunmetal gray or black with a wooden handle to emulate the Colt Walker which inspired the gun.
- Belt will use Jango-style pouches based on this thread, and girth belt will be cotton rope dyed brown based on Deimos Ordo's tutorial.

I don't have a time table for this build.  It will mostly just be a fun project as I have time and money.  I just wanted to go ahead and put something in writing so I can start getting some feedback.  So, any thoughts before I start picking away at this?  Did I miss anything?

Primary inspiration: 

Backplate reference: 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!