Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ear cap question

• 2 Replies

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ear cap question
« on: Dec 06, 2015, 09:05 PM »
I recently started a scratchbuild prototype for my v2, with which I aim to apply for the TM Brigade.  I used the WOF helmet templates and purchased some ear caps from Droodles.  However, I was curious about an alignment issue:

I don't mind the fact they stick up a bit, but I'm curious if it would be a problem for my application.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Ear cap question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2015, 02:39 AM »
Hmm. That is a curious alignment issue you've got going on there.  But don't worry. I've just looked over my copy of Open Seasons, and there are actually several panels that show the earcap extending a bit higher than the visor ridge on the rangefinder side.  So you're good to go!

My recommendation to you (if you haven't already) is to just to make sure there isn't a gap between the earcap and the dome itself.  Use some bondo or other filler putty to fill in the space on top.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Ear cap question
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2015, 12:05 PM »
Thanks for the approval.  Is it also okay for the non-RF side?  This helmet is actually a gift for someone else, and is a proof of concept for my v2, so if changes need to be made, it won't be a problem.

As for sealing the gap:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!