Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Pinky Promise Project

• 38 Replies

whosawhat

• Never underestimate the voice of one Mando.
The Pinky Promise Project
« on: Dec 09, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Hey everyone, for my friends senior project, she is doing what's called the pinky promise project. It is a suicide awareness project where people sign a petition pledging that they will not commit suicide. They will pledge to get help if they consider attempting suicide, Or contemplate committing suicide. By signing this you also promise that you will be there for somebody who is contemplating and help them get help. Every 18 minutes someone commits suicide. Every six seconds somebody attempt suicide. Idaho is six in the nation for suicide, This is one race we are not wanting to win.

In order to pass my senior project I have to have at least 100 people, please be one of them. To pledge make a post and say, "I am (your name), and I pinky promise. Thank you for your support.

Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/The-Pinky-Promise-Project

Though alone, one must never go without friends.
~ A'den Ka'ra
Re: The Pinky Promise Project
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2015, 01:38 PM »
I am Kody Greene and I pinky promise.

whosawhat

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2015, 11:02 PM »
Thank you Kody! If anyone likes, the can say " Im (name) and I Promise!" in the comments below!

~ A'den Ka'ra

xslim13x

• Auros Sa'vin
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2015, 11:39 PM »
This is a wonderful cause and as someone who has struggled for years and still struggles with major depression and anxiety sometimes, it hits home.

I am Patrick Tobin and I Pinky Promise.

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2015, 01:30 AM »
I'm Evan and I pinky promise.

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2015, 02:54 AM »
I'm Dale, and I pinky promise.

I've struggled with suicidal thoughts for years, and have made similar promises to my closest aliit. That's the only reason I'm still alive.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ihala

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2015, 09:21 AM »
I am Susan, and I Pinky Promise :)

Elek, ke gana ash...
"Yes, have some..."

MMCC #1112

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2015, 10:40 AM »
I am Rob, and I pinky promise

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

whosawhat

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Thank you Dale, Susan, Rob, Evan and Patrik for Pinky Promising! Please spread the word about "The Pinky Promise Project." You might save a Burc'ya's life!

Burc'ya -- Friend

~ A'den Ka'ra

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2015, 03:15 PM »
I am Nick, and I pinky promise

If me sitting and listening, typing or just being there for someone else makes a difference in their life then its made every second worth it

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2015, 04:07 PM »
I'm Brian and I pinky promise! 

Phoenix Lord

• I love it when things go BOOM
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2015, 08:33 AM »
I'm Gabriel and I Pinky promise

This really hits home, seeing as I've struggled with suicidal thoughts for a number of years. Great cause

"If you're gonna blow something up and there's anything left of it afterwards, you didn't use enough explosives"

ares

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2015, 06:47 PM »
I am Ares, and I Pinky Promise

KANDOSII RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT - "We save lives. Starting with Yours."

OM 1297  |  B.O.M.B 54

whosawhat

« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Thank you Nick, Gabriel, Ares, and Brian for Pinky Promising!
Everyone, this isn't for profit or for fame. This is a project to have people who need our help get what they need. I am open for discussion if anyone who has problems with suicidal thoughts, depression, or just needs someone to talk to, shoot me an email or chat via the Mandalorian Mercs site!
I invite others who have promised to do so as well. If there is someone who needs your help, do not hesitate.

~ A'den Ka'ra

Mav runi

• "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2015, 03:14 PM »
I'm Dale, and I pinky promise.

I've struggled with suicidal thoughts for years, and have made similar promises to my closest aliit. That's the only reason I'm still alive.
I am Angela, and i pinky promise to help you keep your pinky promise :) I have had the briefest struggle with suicidal thoughts, but i vow to do my best to save those who struggle with it daily, as best as i can.

Mav'runi's WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=43880.0
MMCC - 0765  M5 - #4 EMTS - #096 MLCS#13

Udesii Baar'ur

• You only live once, why not die a hero
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2015, 03:04 AM »
I did a project on something similar in college. Udesii and I pinky promise. Hey if anyone needs help feel free to talk I'm always here for you day or night. I know what it is like so just know your not alone.

ウデシー バーラー
(udeshii baaraa)

#85 Elegant Mandos
#20 Tough Mando Society
#10 Ewok Relocation Agency
#22 M.A.R.S.
#07 Mandalolita
#155 MAJIC
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2016, 05:42 PM »
I am Brooke and I pinky promise

Miranna Sekel

Su'cuy ner vod!

Vhekadla Yustapir

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2016, 02:32 PM »
I can't believe I haven't come across this thread sooner. As someone who struggled with this through a very long stretch of my early life and ultimately overcame it, I have been helping those around me who are so afflicted where I could. I have very little hesitation in saying that I am, Michael Suess, and I pinky promise.

Arqet Clan
Alor’ad: 2022-Present , Ruus’alor Sol’yc: 2020-2021, Ruus’alor: 2020

"Inspire others to weather adversity and cultivate growth through empathy and leadership, so that every person may be empowered to reach for their stars."

Path to Brigade:  Armor Thread

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2016, 10:46 AM »
I am Drew and I pinky promise.

Nadia

« Reply #19 on: Feb 29, 2016, 08:50 AM »
I am Jessica and I pinky promise

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

TorTracyn Dusat

• Pronounced: Tor-trah-sheen
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2016, 11:29 PM »
I am Merissa, and I pinky promise.

This hits home for me, too, on a few different levels. First and foremost, someone very close to me suffered through such thoughts and hid it from me for 6 months and got very close a few times. I got them help the second I found out and now they're doing much, much better. Second, an average of 22 US Veterans commit suicide a day. Third, I've spent the last few years talking to an online friend about needing to get help, but it's hard to make someone get help when they aren't in the same area and you really don't know how to contact them outside the internet....

This is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the US: 1 (800) 273-8255 

OM #1301  //   Cabur Akaata, a Society for current and former military #2  //  M.A.R.S. #25  //  V.O.T.S. #47  //  B.O.M.B #59  //  G.O.M.O.L #8  //  P.M.S. #4

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 300 Troops Celebration Anaheim 2022 200 troops 250 Troops 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I'm Vic and I pinky promise.

Official Invasions: 265
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Arctic Ops WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174054.msg2027502#msg2027502

Post Imperial WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=200180.0
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2016, 12:14 AM »
I am Charles and I pinkie promise.

Ace Mor'Dare

• " THE BATUU BAD-BOY "
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 100 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2016, 11:29 PM »
 I am Thomas ( Ace ) and i pinky promise

SHUT UP AND TROOP !!!
 2015 BVC Master of the Hunt
 E.M.T.S. # 97
 OM#674

Kebiin Ke'Varek

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #24 on: Mar 02, 2016, 11:03 AM »
I'm Laura, and I pinky promise! 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!