Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cakes' Weapons (Repeating Blaster, Knife & Mace)

• 33 Replies

Cakes

Cakes' Weapons (Repeating Blaster, Knife & Mace)
« on: Dec 11, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Alright so here are the weapons and ideas I had for my mando

Knife, still debating on if I want to add some greebles to the blade to make it more of a vibro blade.
It started as a piece of wood with the template cut out and the edges sanded down using an orbital sander.

I used a split piece of dowel to create the handle. The hilt is made of a piece of sintra heated and bent, this will be sandwiched in between the top of the blade and the handle so it won't get loose or slide off.

The handle will be wrapped in a brown suede cord and weathered.

Blaster design, The story is it's a modified DLT-19 with a larger segmented barrel for cooling, taken from the T21. Allows for longer sustained fire. Scope would be on the larger side to allow for a larger viewing area but with some zoom capability.

With the ban on blasters I may end up making a second melee weapon before I get to the blaster.
I've always had a thing for maces and I know that vibro maces existed in the universe with the Neimoidians and the gaffi stick has a mace on the end. Would one be acceptable?
This is sort of what I had in mind, a one handed mace.

The blade on the side would be on both sides and criss cross in the middle like a sort of like this
If the mace isn't doable I can always go with just a one handed vibro axe

Update:
Been awhile since updating. But i got the dlt all painted (apart from a few pieces that still need clear coat)

Buzzkill in the clan was kind enough to print me of a kd30 from tor prudii's files from here on the forum. I'll be adding a muzzle break for it as well

Edit July 9 2017:
Got the KD30 blaster done. Built a scope mount out of sintra, an old button and an ear bud

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 06:09 PM by Cakes » Logged

Cakes

Re: Cakes' Weapons (Repeating Blaster, Knife & Mace)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2015, 05:53 PM »
I've panted and given the blade a little weathering, not to much as it's equipment and should would probably be kept clean.
Pre weathering:

Post Weathering:

I also took another swing at the mace and put in a few details. Trying to decide on which blade style I like more.

EDIT Dec 21st:
Got the handle all wrapped up. Just need to add the pummel.

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015, 06:10 PM by Cakes » Logged

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2015, 11:28 PM »
That is one sick looking shabby thing, vod :o

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Cakes

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Thanks mate!
I figured out what to do for my pummel

I'll hopefully get time tomorrow to pick up piping for the mace.

Cakes

« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Finished up the pommel up

also started on the mace. I'll be adding details but the structure is together

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2015, 09:53 PM »
Very nice, coming along well :D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions

Cakes

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2015, 12:14 AM »
Thanks guys!

I was using the cap to hold the knife up as I painted it. I was trying to figure out something that would fit it for the pommel as it's an odd shape and realized I could cut out the center and use it lol

Cakes

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Here:s a pic of a bit of detail i'll be adding:

I've come up with a few different design ideas for the blades of the mace and wanted some feedback as to which one feels more swarzy and not as medieval?
1. was my own idea
2. based off the BD-1 vibro axe
3. a mash of the 1st blade and the ones found on a gaffi stick
4. 1st blade with a penetrating spike

Hiryu02

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2015, 04:07 PM »
My vote is for 4, I like the spike and it would set the mace apart from the usual axeblade appearances. Three blades mounted in a triangular arrangement would be a very serviceable mace. 

"The Cabal centurion opened up on her at point-blank, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing." - Monitor Type 2 Titan armor

"Only the armor lasts" - RC 8015, Fi Skirata
OM#2184
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2015, 12:44 PM »
I love seeing others sketches and designs! That blade though!

Valdai Kazan

• Don't even think about it..
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2015, 01:05 PM »
I just came in to say your knife is too good to be true, i can not belive it's made of wood! It really looks like pure metal, great work!

I came, i saw, i ate a sandwich

Helix

« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Model 3 for me.
Very menacing with a medieval feeling.

My sales thread : Helix's lair

Cakes

« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Thank you guys! Hoping the mace head turns out as well.

I'm stuck between the 3 and 4 myself. I like the spike on 4 but the overall design of 3.
I've tried to blend them  by bringing the 3rds angle down further to where the spike would be on 4 while still keeping the spike aggressive, like something that would pierce through a storm troops helmet XD.
Any thoughts?

Helix

« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2015, 06:44 PM »
The last one is the good one I think.

On a other way this one is very similar to your design and spiky enough  ;) !

My sales thread : Helix's lair

Cakes

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2015, 08:32 PM »
You'll have to excuse the poor photoshop, my camera flash bleached out the pencil.

Cakes

« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:38 PM »
Got my blades all cut out of dollar store cutting boards lol. I'll need to sharpen the edges and sand them down still.

Now I've got to decide on the blade placement.
Either directly over the round area like in my skecth where the other blades will be

or have them off to the side on an angle.

Cakes

« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Did a very rough fitting of the blades today.
They're about 12" point to point

Here is 4 out of the 6 blades in the 3 inch pipe on the end. I may end up decreasing the length on the upper portion though. The blades and the holder still need sanding and a ton of work to get them to sit correctly.
Paint can for scale.

Cakes

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Had to rethink my blades as the plastic just would not sand right. took the chance to do a little modification to the design. They still need some wood filler and some smoothing tough.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2016, 07:45 PM »
That is going to be EPIC!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ciryc Vhipir

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Looks great, can't wait to see the rest. I love prop building and seeing how it all comes together :D

Cakes

« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been slow working on these as well as my softs.
This is how the mace looked, before i dropped it and broke 3 of the blades... so I'll be ordering some 1/4 polypropylene some point. I'd rather drop it and have paint crack then have to make a set a 4th time.

The mace comes apart in 2 sections (at the head) for easier transport. In the mean time I'll be working on the little details.

I also managed to find some drawings of a mg34 that I've scaled up to 48" and printed out. (my A5 paintball gun for scale)

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 22, 2016, 04:08 PM »
I am loving the mace. Very smashy! Looking forward to seeing more updates!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Cakes

« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Thanks vod! Just waiting till I can get some plastic in for them as the wood didn't work out.
But I got some details in for the handle

Also did some work on my DLT19 barrel. The main barrel/shroud is 1 1/4" pvc pipe, the lower shroud near the reciever is 1 1/2" pvc pipe and at the end of the lower shroud is end  of 1" pvc conduit (this is the end meant to go over another 1" conduit).
I had to sand down the 1 1/4" pipe so it would fit into the 1 1/2"

placed together

The end of the shroud (conduit) will slide into the end of the receiver. Receded into the receiver will be a piece of 1" conduit with a piece of 3/4" conduit wedged inside. This will act as a anchor point allowing me to take apart and put the blaster back together for easy transport.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2016, 06:57 PM »
That is going to be bad-shebse when it's done!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!