Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weaponry Info

• 29 Replies
Re: Weaponry Info
« Reply #15 on: Sep 10, 2015, 10:49 AM »
This is where Google is your friend...

"print photo to scale over multiple pages"

Top result: http://scottiestech.info/2009/08/08/how-to-easily-print-a-large-image-to-multiple-pages-in-windows/

okay cool thank you so much

"if you are going through hell... Keep going"
Winston Churchill

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Sep 10, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Best of luck, Travis.  Let me know how it turns out!

« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Best of luck, Travis.  Let me know how it turns out!

thank you. My dad said he can talk to his work about saving cardboard from the shipping receiving section of his work

"if you are going through hell... Keep going"
Winston Churchill
« Reply #18 on: Nov 06, 2015, 06:55 PM »
Not sure if this is where to ask, but I'll throw it out anyway...what do you use to fill in screw holes (on Nerf type guns) that you are modifying? Something putty-wise that eventually hardens and can be sanded and painted...

Jon'n Taurendil

"It's your life...end it any way you want..."

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2015, 07:00 PM »
bondo works as does epoxy putty although the putty takes a lot longer to cure.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2016, 01:26 AM »
Is there a blaster manufacturer like Ultra Sabers or Saber forge?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Is there a blaster manufacturer like Ultra Sabers or Saber forge?
Too may to list quickly.  Are you looking for metal, cast resin, rubber?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Too may to list quickly.  Are you looking for metal, cast resin, rubber?
A good number of us also prefer to build our own custom creations with airsoft bases, found parts, and custom-tooled bits.  If you're looking for a grab-and-go blaster, though, expect to pay through the nose, on most counts.

« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:30 AM »
What are the rules on vibroblades im thinking on incorporating one for my modern kit?

Syko Voss

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:21 AM »
None really - just make sure it can't be mistaken for a lightsabre.

Only real wrinkle I can think with blades is making sure they're safe for use at a con if you were planning to attend one.  Some cons will have a weapons policy that disallows hard 'clubbing' type weapons - so check the policy before attending and leave them off your kit.

Right now I'm in the middle of creating a couple of MDF vibroswords based on the ones used by the commando droids in Clone Wars - I'll only carry them with my kit where appropriate.  There are some good tutorials here for creating lit vibroblades but I'm going to use the Adam Savage trick of using aluminium tape to make a realistic metal blade effect (http://www.tested.com/art/makers/460153-one-day-builds-customizing-adams-hero-sword/)

One thing that is worth being careful of is Sintra/Foamex for a full-length blade - it'll be possible but will be prone to easily snapping.

Darth_Placid

• A'kyr Naast | Cabur Akaata #109 | M.M.R.S #13
« Reply #25 on: Jun 01, 2017, 01:33 PM »
This is all great info. I plan on throwing in a functioning Trandoshan ACP Array Gun with my kit... ripping the reference images off of RepCom was a pain, sorting through system files and crap. I eventually found a guide on TDH though. I might end up being the first Mando with a Trando shotgun....

The question was never what lesson I had to learn. Rather, it was what trials I would have to go through to learn them.

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 01, 2017, 04:16 PM »
ACP has already been done so you wouldn't be the first :P

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Syko Voss

« Reply #27 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Oh, yeah, and following up on my earlier post about Vibro Blades...

This is how they turned out!

CustardCuttlefish

• I find your lack of faith disturbing.
« Reply #28 on: Nov 14, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Would a z-6 rotary blaster canon be allowed?

There is nothing a Mandalorian man fears more than a Mandalorian woman.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #29 on: Nov 14, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Would a z-6 rotary blaster canon be allowed?

Yup

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!