Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vibro-Axe and Blaster Pistol WIP

• 48 Replies
Re: Vibro-Axe and Blaster Pistol WIP
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Thank you. I have been very busy with new job and recovering from flu, so the weapons haven't been worked on recently. The kit itself is now wearable and I'm going to plan app pics soon.

The blaster just needs some more weathering and silver highlights, both of which I luckily learned techniques for during the kit build. Then afterward it just needs a final clearcoat before its ready.

Vibro axe I will have to resand down to bare plastic again because I primered it with the wrong type of primer twice now. However again since I learned a lot from the finishing work on the kit im confident in getting it right the third time. Just have to wait for the weather to start cooperating so I can get back to work. Thank you for the kind words.

"The Cabal centurion opened up on her at point-blank, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing." - Monitor Type 2 Titan armor

"Only the armor lasts" - RC 8015, Fi Skirata
OM#2184
« Reply #46 on: Mar 24, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Finally got a chance to sit down and look over my old WIP's. Work and life have been very busy, and I finally attended a con in kit for the first time!

I did in fact finish the blaster pistol and it is now in a carryable/troopable state. I made a temporary holster to carry it around the con. The gauntlet vibroblade and gaunt is also finished and the blade slides in and out and locks safely. I used a swiffer extending rod for the core. More details on the vibroblade build here: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118984.msg1773393#msg1773393

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2018, 12:46 PM by Hiryu02 » Logged
"The Cabal centurion opened up on her at point-blank, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing." - Monitor Type 2 Titan armor

OM#2184

Durkev Zandar

• TC/BH-7278
« Reply #47 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Amazing! :like:

« Reply #48 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Thanks vod. It's been a long time since this build and I've upgraded some pieces since then, but I appreciate the kind words!

OM#2184

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!