Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rhasvuul Teg soft bits beginning

• 3 Replies

EricL

• Rhasvuul Zeg
Rhasvuul Teg soft bits beginning
« on: Jan 04, 2021, 10:30 PM »
Hey gang!

I am digging around for the soft parts accessories, and have a few ideas so far. Also first time using imgur and posting with those links, hope it works.
First of all here is my overall Color-a-Mando concept :

Gloves:
Old work gloves, heavily weathered?

Or these long nomex-style flight gloves

Or these short style, can cover logo crap with an armor plate

Knuckles, hate them but I love the color and material arrangement

My concerns with gloves generally are them being either too long and uncomfortable, or too short and showing my wrist. I like that my old work gloves are free but they look a little too crappy maybe? I like the knuckles one visually very much but wish it didn't have knuckles, anyone have an idea to work around that? Otherwise so far I have ordered flightsuit scrubs and will learn to sew by taking them in. No other soft parts progress to date.

*I previewed this post and the images look HUGE, sorry! I don't know what to do about that.

EricL

• Rhasvuul Zeg
Re: Rhasvuul Teg soft bits beginning
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2022, 08:01 PM »
Whew, my WIP post got lost seven pages into the board before I posted progress…yikes. When I first got into this kit I couldn’t see how it would take people years to complete, but I really understand now. Not that ‘20 and ‘21 were great years for anything anyway right?

Anyhow I went with the knuckles gloves and I’m hoping I can make sure no wristmeat shows through, not sure how yet.

I got scrubs and took them in, tightened pant legs and sleeves and added a lower sleeve. They need some finishing touches to sit better, a bit scruffy ‘cause I had to hand sew it all. I’m toying with adding quilted padding sections at the knee and/or thigh, some signal flare pouches on a bicep, and some elastic foot loops on the bottom to keep the pant legs down and unbunched. Needs a coffee stain job and lots of weathering.  Sleeves might be a tad long, don’t want them peeking out the vambrace or bunching at the elbow.

Does it seem like a good start for a suit?

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 08:15 PM »

Does it seem like a good start for a suit?

Yes, yes it does. It looks like you have it fitting well in the arms and legs without it being painted on - there's a lot of 'needs to be tighter' sentiment out there, but clothes have to fit and move with you or you're a Mando-themed statue.

Stirrups help to keep your legs in place, good idea. Quilted padding sections would look awesome - maybe have some at the side/hip that visually tie the top and bottom together? Could use velcro to keep them lined up and moving together. I'd recommend a natural fiber batt - poly batt does not breathe well.

Good stuff so far vod.

EricL

• Rhasvuul Zeg
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 11:12 PM »
- maybe have some at the side/hip that visually tie the top and bottom together? Could use velcro to keep them lined up and moving together.

That’s a fine idea. I’ve been trying to think “where do I bonk against my environment at work,” and it’s mostly pockets, hips, knees, shoulders, head. Try to focus my padding/weathering and whatnot there. Thanks!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!