Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

DL-44 WIP

• 18 Replies
DL-44 WIP
« on: Dec 26, 2015, 04:27 PM »
I´ve started to make a few parts for the DL-44

As soon as i get back to the machinepark i will start milling out the parts in aluminum or maybe some other alloy... i dont know, what looks the best i guess. Also i can post the blueprints here if anyone is interested.

Some more will follow to see if i got the proportions right, as soon as i get my german machinepistol replica i can start the build. Will be posting progress as time passes ;)

Re: DL-44 WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2015, 09:44 AM »
It seems to be really hard to find a good replica for the mauser machinepistol close to sweden, the best bet i´ve managed to find was in germany:

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/20042

But it seems like their webshop is closed until January the 1st 2016.

I guess ill start on my helmet instead. I´m taking up this thread once i get the pistol from germany, i´m guessing mid january.

If you guys have any good suppliers in Europe close to Sweden a hint would be nice (i´m looking at you England!).

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2016, 06:27 AM »
I checked on the site today and it seems open so i ordered the mauser pistol, once i get it i can start taking some measurments and start on the build. Should be around the end of next week if things progress as the should.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:25 AM »
http://www.replicaweaponry.com/denix-wwii-1896-mauser-broomhandle-replica-pistol.html
http://www.ima-usa.com/german-wwi-mauser-c96-broom-handle-display-pistol.html
Some options.

Sadly i live in Sweden so i will have to pay a fortune on import taxes for theese sites, however, the pistol is on its way as i´m writing this :) and will most likley arrive next week!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:16 PM »
I got the mauser pistol today! It looks and feels very nice, it´s one of the best replicas i´ve seen so far.

As soon as i finish the bucket i´m starting on this project :).

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2016, 01:38 AM »
Just ordered one myself!  Kind of torn between doing a DL-44 conversion or a custom carbine with it, though.  How are you producing/ acquiring the parts for your DL-44 conversion?  Do you have access/ know-how to a machine shop, or are you having an outside entity make them?

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:50 AM »
Just ordered one myself!  Kind of torn between doing a DL-44 conversion or a custom carbine with it, though.  How are you producing/ acquiring the parts for your DL-44 conversion?  Do you have access/ know-how to a machine shop, or are you having an outside entity make them?

I got a 5 axis cnc machine i got acces too. So im millig the parts there in aluminum, if you want i can upload the schematics for the parts ill produce. The blaster will be a bit longer so i can preserve the replica also.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:34 AM »
I got a 5 axis cnc machine i got acces too. So im millig the parts there in aluminum, if you want i can upload the schematics for the parts ill produce. The blaster will be a bit longer so i can preserve the replica also.
Nah, I have my own replica coming to work on.  Wish I had a CnC machine to put to use for the schematics, but alas, best I can do is mold and cast parts. :P

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Nah, I have my own replica coming to work on.  Wish I had a CnC machine to put to use for the schematics, but alas, best I can do is mold and cast parts. :P

I wish i could mold and cast parts... different worlds huh..  but if anyone want some of the parts i can make 10 of each instead of 1. Once i got the programming done on the CNC the parts will be dirt cheap.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:50 PM »
I wish i could mold and cast parts... different worlds huh..  but if anyone want some of the parts i can make 10 of each instead of 1. Once i got the programming done on the CNC the parts will be dirt cheap.
I might be interested, depending on the cost.  Either way, the RL and 501st probably would love to have someone who produces DL parts.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2016, 05:51 AM »
I might be interested, depending on the cost.  Either way, the RL and 501st probably would love to have someone who produces DL parts.

Im starting the schematics next week, once i get it right i can see about costs for a kit. The expensive thing would not be the parts tho but the shipping.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:10 AM »
I was sick yesterday so i couldnt get to the machineshop... wich sucks. However i finished the helmet today instead.

I´ll see if i can get acces to the machineshop sometime this week, tho it will probably have to wait until next monday :(.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2016, 11:31 AM »
It seems like i wont be able to go near the CNC anytime soon so i started hand milling the part instead, i got about half way done today and i will continue on the part tomorrow (hopefully fnishing it). Pictures is going to follow.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2016, 02:35 PM »
It seems like i wont be able to go near the CNC anytime soon so i started hand milling the part instead, i got about half way done today and i will continue on the part tomorrow (hopefully fnishing it). Pictures is going to follow.
We're looking forward to seeing it. :D

« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2016, 10:10 AM »
I made the flashhider today :) the only thing that really bothered me was that someone had broken the feeder on the milling machine... T_T so i couldnt make the slits on the sides of the part.

It came out pretty nice anyway.

I will most likely redo the part once i get acces to the cnc machine again, since it is hand milled it takes a while to make and for now it will only be the one part. I still got the cooling part to make and then maybe some kind of scope, i think leaving the scope out is going to look better tho... or making some kind of weapon mod instead.

Either way it sits nice at 1.3kg right now :) or 2lb 13Oz for the American vods.

« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2016, 04:52 PM »
I finished the cooling on the gun today :) this is a picture before im going to oaint it black and brush it a bit, i think i will keep the muzzel colour in silver... looks nice :)

Helix

« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Nice work !

You did the heatsink on the conventional milling machine or on the CNC one ?
The shiny surface let me think it was done on the CNC ^^.

My sales thread : Helix's lair
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:21 PM »
And now its done!

I´ll take some better pictures of it later, and maybe add a weponmod of some kind if i can find any cannon ones like extra firepower, cooling or anything like that.

Nice work !

You did the heatsink on the conventional milling machine or on the CNC one ?
The shiny surface let me think it was done on the CNC ^^.

Thx vod!

The heatsink was a conventional milling machine and so was the muzzle :) someone broke the cnc machine this week also  >:(.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2016, 03:24 PM by LionBrew » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!