Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dha Bral's 2nd ROTJ Fett build

• 41 Replies

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
Dha Bral's 2nd ROTJ Fett build
« on: Jan 03, 2016, 03:24 AM »

It's time for my 3rd approved kit build. This will be my 'end game' ROTJ build. From as much machined metal as I dare use, to as many batteries, lights and servos that I can hold... and even a functional flamethrower.
Most of the pieces are pictured, all are collected, some still need to be made (or remade). A majority of my orders are filled, and I can finally star to focus on my own kits again.
I will be periodically updating, hopefully with progress pics. I know I haven't been good making WIP threads in the past, but mostly because I'm powering through my next kit build. This one will be a labor of love, and likely my "default" kit.  The other kits may just have to hang out on mannequins in the future.
Anyway... You all have been warned.  :P

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

dbickel

• MMCC ID #1388
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Dha Bral's 2nd ROTJ Fett build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2016, 09:09 AM »
I'm curious about the functional flamethrower. Are you planning on using a butane canister that's removable in the flamethrower or simple LED lights like some other builds have done. A real flamethrower would require metal flamethrower box and greebies due to the heat involved (not to mention an electric ignition). Some other ideas I had to modify my current flamethrower was to have it eject compressed smoke lite up with a high powered orange LED so it remains nonlethal.

Looks like all quality components from what I see so far...will be an interesting build to follow.

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 12:00 PM »
I'm curious about the functional flamethrower. Are you planning on using a butane canister that's removable in the flamethrower or simple LED lights like some other builds have done. A real flamethrower would require metal flamethrower box and greebies due to the heat involved (not to mention an electric ignition). Some other ideas I had to modify my current flamethrower was to have it eject compressed smoke lite up with a high powered orange LED so it remains nonlethal.

Looks like all quality components from what I see so far...will be an interesting build to follow.

Thanks Don,
The flamethrower is more of a fireball shooter. As I said on TDH a fee months back, "I'd rather not be a walking Molotov cocktail when surrounded by a bunch of kids". The shooter uses a glow plug to ignite and propel rice paper. It's manually loaded and wirelessly fired... Also, removable.

I'll be posting individual pics as I have the time. But you're correct in assuming they're all quality pieces. I wouldn't do a full build another way.

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Well... Today the only thing I'm making is loud screaming and a kidney stone. So I'll take the time to break down the pieces individually. Most will have upgraded pieces that are in my shop, but I'm not going far from my chair today.
Let's begin...

Animefan Coldcast fiberglass bucket. This helmet is considered one of the best helmets available short of the Malone Fett helmet if you can find one and want to spend a cool $500 on a casting.  I'm ok with this one for now. It will have a Level 3 shade smoked visor, JC27 light and servo kit installed, along with an eqdizzle dual fan kit. I rolled around the idea of using my real #15 files in the MQ1 board, but will likely use castings. The #15s are getting tough to replace. Brass borden as well.

RKD/ IOA ABS armor. Fettronics chest display, Aluminum armor studs, machined aluminum knee darts. Nothing fancy, just all good stuff.

RKD/ IOA v2 gauntlets. These are amazing pieces. All aluminum greeblies. Will also have accurate alco switches, aluminum flamethrower nozzles,  and likely a hidden hinge closure system. And, of course, a fireball shooter :)

Either MOW or Woodman girth. The color is off in the pic, It's much more red.

Shin tools made from original parts. Nothing fancy.

MOW boots. The best boots, hands down. MachineCraft aluminum spikes.

Delta13 ammo belt.  These are the best. Hands down.

Villianworks gloves. Again, the best around.

DVH v1 jetpack kit. Lighter than a MOW, more accurate than an NME. I'm looking forward to this one. Lighted beacon, mojo stabilizer, full metal Fett hardware pack on a bigdane harness. Authentic diver's buckle. Yum.

Woodman ROTJ "Found" half shelter cape. Woodman recently sold his 100th ROTJ cape. In that time he came across 3 capes with accurate "found" stitching pattern. This was one of those 3. Probably as close to a found part you can get on a cape.

The braids will be made here with real horse hair, the blaster will also come from my own Webley molds. Here are examples of each that I have made previously for others.

I have a few arkady pouches, flightsuits, and flaks, but I haven't decided if I'll use them yet, which is why I omitted them from the list.

Well... I'm sure I've forgotten something, but this list is a start.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2016, 11:51 AM by Dha Bral » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 05:49 PM »
Sweeet .... This Should be Fun to Watch ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Let's try this video link from earlier this summer. Prototype flamethrower box and initial test. Let me know if the link works or if it's broken.

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:45 PM »
Wow! You weren't joking about real fire :o

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Unless policy has changed without me knowing it, anything spring-loaded and actual flames are prohibited on MMCC kits.  Not that it wouldn't be completely awesome, but pretty sure we can't allow real flame projectors to be installed on our kits anymore than having functional firearms.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2019
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2019
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor 2018
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:44 PM »
I'm aware of the policy. The flamethrower prototype is currently and will be removable. Just an added flare  ;)

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Awesome.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2019
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2019
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor 2018
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2016, 03:02 AM »
Dyed up the flightsuit and pouches a few days ago. Many flightsuit pics, outside, inside, daylight, with flash, w/o flash...

ROTJ has that not so awesome pain in the shebs pale grey/blue color. I like what I've got, and should appear less blue when the weathering process starts. Again... all the same flightsuit in different lighting.

(This pic turned out really blue)

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:12 AM »
AWEGASM !!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2016, 08:16 PM »
I'll just put this here...

Hik'aari

• Nickaari
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Weapons Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2016, 02:40 PM »
Outstanding once again.

I presume you must know how to airbrush as aside from looking amazing, the altogether shot almost feels like it is lifted straight from an artist's rendering

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Outstanding once again.

I presume you must know how to airbrush as aside from looking amazing, the altogether shot almost feels like it is lifted straight from an artist's rendering

Why thank you! Yes... My airbrush and I are a wonderful thing... :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!