Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dha Bral's 2nd ROTJ Fett build

• 41 Replies

Dreadnought

• Every villain is the hero of their own story
Re: Dha Bral's 2nd ROTJ Fett build
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2016, 06:09 AM »
A terrific looking Fett, I'm definitely going to be watching this build closely as I'm also working on a ROTJ Boba. Just out of interest, how wide (at its widest point) is your back armour?

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2016, 08:04 PM »
The back armor sizing depends on you. I fall  right on the cusp of the Medium/ Large armor sizing from IOA. I am 5'11", 205 lbs. The medium backplate is 16" across the middle of the back. If I had to venture a guess, the large is 17". I have one here in my shop, and i'll try to remember to check later.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

polarlight

• It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Outstanding Build
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Incredible, I strive to meet these standards.

The hunter has become the hunted.....

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
Re: Outstanding Build
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:59 PM »
Incredible, I strive to meet these standards.

Like I said in your thread, if you want some help, just say the word.

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:58 PM »
Superb paint work man, work of art. Mighty fine parts list you've got assembled, looking forward to seeing this continue!

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2016, 12:43 AM »
Buh-bump.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: Apr 22, 2016, 08:51 AM »
  :o Holy Crap balls that's nice .... But of course it is ...  ;) 8) 

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

dbickel

• MMCC ID #1388
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #22 on: Apr 22, 2016, 01:03 PM »
It looks like you went with the hero jetpack paint up. Don't forget the burgandy ring that extends further up the jetpack base. Also the hero jetpack did not have red dots on the thrusters.

More specifically

Beautiful paint job as always though.

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #23 on: Apr 22, 2016, 01:34 PM »
It looks like you went with the hero jetpack paint up. Don't forget the burgandy ring that extends further up the jetpack base. Also the hero jetpack did not have red dots on the thrusters.

More specifically

Beautiful paint job as always though.

You saw it first Don ;) I still have some masking fluid on the missile collar, but was losing daylight.  As far as the thrusters, Theres a reason those are red at this point.
I never said I was done either ;)

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 08:57 PM »
For you Don. ;) I'll explain the story of the collar and thrusters some time down the road.

dbickel

• MMCC ID #1388
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Beautiful work.

« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:37 PM »
Sorry about this necropost, but , this is awesome work. Great job

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Sorry about this necropost, but , this is awesome work. Great job

No worries vod. The build kinda got put on hold for the Supertrooper build, so I'll pick it up again at some point. Until then, I guess I'll just be forced to wear this darn supertrooper... *Sigh* ;) "Don't look at me, I'm hideous!"

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2016, 08:16 AM by Dha Bral » Logged
« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 2016, 02:14 AM »
gday vod
on your jetpack paintjob, whatd you use to discolour the yellow, was that some paint or a wash applied

whats harder to do the all white super trooper or a fett, id think super trooper may have some parts that are harder to source as its not as common as a fett

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2016, 03:36 AM »
gday vod
on your jetpack paintjob, whatd you use to discolour the yellow, was that some paint or a wash applied

whats harder to do the all white super trooper or a fett, id think super trooper may have some parts that are harder to source as its not as common as a fett

The discoloration on the JP is airbrushed, but could be achieved by a controlled brownwash.

The Supertrooper was multiple times harder. The lack of info and good reference material is killer. 2 years of parts investigation went into tracking down the needed pieces. Many hundreds of dollars were spent on "research parts" that sit today, dusty, waiting in a box for a custom build to come along and claim them. The satisfaction of knowing it was the first complete and approved Supertrooper both here and in other clubs is a wonderful feeling. Knowing that I have the information, knowledge, and parts to help others down the road is also very rewarding.
 However, completing this build is bittersweet for me. I feel compelled to both "be the Supertrooper" and raise the bar for the next kit, which would then move the Supertrooper to a mannequin. So, where do I go from here? There are a few Fett variants that have promise (e.g. Mythos Fett, Pre Production 1), but I still don't see it as raising the bar for myself.  It's going to be difficult to decide what comes next.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!