Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Sabine WiP (updates on pg 6)

• 88 Replies

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
Re: My Sabine WiP
« Reply #75 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:35 PM »
*Blows dust off topic*  Time to tackle those upgrades!  Just in time for them to add more, I'm sure.  ;P

New hand plates and gauntlets/boxes out of sintra, filled and primed.

Painted!

Done and ready for lights, if/when I decide to go that route.  Got my brother-in-law working on the new belt (and replacing my old one,) now to tackle the leg flare holders.   :D

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #76 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Those look amazing!  :o

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:52 PM »
very cool ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #78 on: Mar 25, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Oh yay, Been waiting fr someone to tackle her updated armour, you gong to add some of the other paint details that have cropped up?

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
Master Thread.

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #79 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Oh yay, Been waiting fr someone to tackle her updated armour, you gong to add some of the other paint details that have cropped up?

I haven't spotted any of the paint differences.  Any screenshots?

I know there are leg flare holders and a new belt to add though, they're in progress.  :)

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #80 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:55 AM »
I haven't spotted any of the paint differences.  Any screenshots?

I know there are leg flare holders and a new belt to add though, they're in progress.  :)

oddly i saw it in an article about what changes with her armour through the show but I can't find it now. I believe there was a new yellow/orange sigil on the back of the helmet. think there were others too.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014
Master Thread.
« Reply #81 on: Mar 28, 2015, 12:02 AM »
Nice Work, love seeing the progress!

Rezori

• Kim
« Reply #82 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Love it to bits!!!! Thank you for all of this info!

Where did you get your gloves?
And did you use the acrylic paint on the gloves and boots for the splatters? I'm looking at where to get gloves and what material... I'm concerned about the paint coming off of leather or PU leather.

Eitanya

« Reply #83 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:29 AM »
They were a pair of leather gloves I had, and I sacrificed a pair of leather pants I found to make the gauntlet part and just sewed them together at the wrist.  And yep!  Just acrylic paint for the splatters, it's held up great.  You could do fabric paint too, I've done that on other costumes.

*UPDATE*
Here's where I'm at with the upgrades:

Replaced my old belt/holsters with spiffy new leather ones, and got the new pouch belt that sits on top of it.  (Courtesy of D-L Leather Goods on Facebook.)  Need to add a few details still but it's getting close!

Made the flare holders for the legs out of a matching pleather fabric and wooden dowels.  Season 2 references gave us a better look at these and I'm fairly sure there are 12 flares on each leg.  (Used this tutorial as a starting point: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17178 )  The weight makes my boots scrunch down as the day goes on, though.  I need to replace my boots anyway so I might wait and see if it does it to the new ones too, if so I'll make something lighter.

Not quite ready for approval yet but it was a good test run! 

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 10:44 PM by Eitanya » Logged

Xyon Koreen

• Nayc tok'kad, Nayc dinuir laam
Re: My Sabine WiP (updates on pg 6)
« Reply #84 on: Jan 01, 2016, 02:53 PM »
You've done a great job of representing Sabine.  Hopefully you'll be able to make it an official kit.

MMCC #51
MiB #10
Cabur Akaata #58
Grey Brigade #23
B.O.M.B. #68
M.A.B.E.L. #61

« Reply #85 on: Feb 21, 2016, 12:20 PM »
Just curious where did you get helmet at. I am pretty much going to do a similar one for my wife and she liked the night owl helmet

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #86 on: Feb 21, 2016, 12:57 PM »
The Mandalorian Arsenal makes a Sabine helmet.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #87 on: Feb 21, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Just curious where did you get helmet at. I am pretty much going to do a similar one for my wife and she liked the night owl helmet

She made that helmet herself but TMA does sell the Sabine helmet.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #88 on: Feb 23, 2016, 10:51 AM »
Ruthless FX also sells a nice Sabine helmet. I recommend them.

Official Troop Count: 73

Take it to the forums they exclaimed. So that they can get you on record and ban you for facts posted in a private forum.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!