Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

spartafett's First Build WIP

• 33 Replies

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: spartafett's First Build WIP
« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2016, 02:25 AM »
Simple gaunts. Just get two pieces of PVC, heat one so it wraps around your wrist most of the way, then glue the second piece flat on top to complete it. Like this.

You just need a few pieces on the inside to make sure it has some support.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:19 PM »
vod, it's looking really great! you're moving right along! Only thing I see is the ab needs to come up just a little bit. As for the collar plate, maybe take off a bit on the edges-- perhaps round them so they don't dig so much? Back plate looks awesome! So do the gaunts!

One thing to remember about bondo, as soon as you mix that hardener in you gotta work fast. And it typically comes with hardener, so you shouldn't have to buy it separately.

Get this http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Bondo-32-fl-oz-Lightweight-Body-Filler-PN0262/202077782

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Great work on your kit so far!  Gauntlets won't be super hard to make since you want to go with a simple style, and I love the pattern you've made for them. 

If you want a simple one-piece-no-gluing-no-bondo design, here's a picture of what I did for mine.  They're basically each triangle shape that curves around my arm with the other two points overlapping each other at the back.  They stay on really well and because there's no glue or bondo on them they have a lot of flex, which is nice when sliding them on.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #33 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I had the same problem with my collar plate. After trimming the edges you have marked off, make sure you can move your arms forward. I'm in love with your kit so far- looks amazing vod :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!