Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack build

• 9 Replies

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Jetpack build
« on: Jan 07, 2016, 09:07 PM »
After years of procrastination and pro-jetpack therapy, I've finally gotten a jetpack kit from Eternal Armory.  So far I've done only the basic cutting and trimming.  I started drilling get holes in the support posts to reduce weight but my drill died.

More progress will get done this weekend.

Gel'ren "Mercelangelo" Drask Firestorm Clan
E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

arcticnirvana

• CONE PROTECT MEH!!!
Re: Jetpack build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2016, 06:26 PM »
 Watching with interest!

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 07:26 PM »
I've often wondered how these ABS jetpacks look upon completion.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2016, 04:41 AM »
This is Ashen's EA Jetpack painted up for this Super Commando

I have the same kit on order from EA. I love their work

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:42 PM »
I've often wondered how these ABS jetpacks look upon completion.

They look like a Deathwacth jetpack   :P

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Smart move on drilling random holes for weight reduction. something I have to keep in mind when I start building one. think the hardest part of the jetpack build is mounting it on you're back. how are you planning to do this?

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Gel'ren Drask

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2016, 11:06 AM »
I've made some progress on the pack.   It'd taking do long due to me being lazy.  And also due to having no idea in a harness.

I'm thinking about doing an X style rig crossed at my chest as opposed to a backpack style rig.

All the assembly I really need to do is tidy up a bit, install the mounting hardware and seal it up.  I'm toying with filling the interior with expanding foam for some extra structural stability. 

E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2016, 10:49 AM »
Sounds great :) but the rig won't it be visible on the front? why not put magnets on them :D seeing allot of people doing that.
that's what I'm planning to do when I build a pack :) 

Gel'ren Drask

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Sounds great :) but the rig won't it be visible on the front? why not put magnets on them :D seeing allot of people doing that.
that's what I'm planning to do when I build a pack :)

The rig would go underneath the flak vest, and the straps would go through the back and backplate.  And while magnets would work, I don't trust them enough to stay on in a crowded environment.

E.M.T.S #40
B.E.A.R.D.S #23

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2016, 01:13 AM »
The rig would go underneath the flak vest, and the straps would go through the back and backplate.  And while magnets would work, I don't trust them enough to stay on in a crowded environment.

yea a rig sounds more trustworthy. but it looks hard to take it of etc :D so just watching your build maybe you can make me a rig believer :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!