Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first kit - Soft Parts WIP - From Argentina!

• 19 Replies

Delphin'Kam

• The Force is my best customer
My first kit - Soft Parts WIP - From Argentina!
« on: Jan 10, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Hi All,

First of all, apologies for my english and thank you for reading

So I am having my helmet and armor custom-done, but the soft parts I am doing them myself.

My armor will be blood red with golden details, and pretty much weathered (but not "destroied").

So far I have the vest, done in eco-leather with a zipper in the side. I used Points patterns but had to adapt them completely to my size:

An oversized sleeveless cloak, done in a heavy cotton fabric. I plan to paint a gian mandalorian logo in the back:

a Kama and loin cloth. I sewed it all together in a single piece. The belt is attached with Velcro:

And Im sewing pouched and other stuff for my belt. Right now I have this to play with:

I want to add more things to the Kama and loin cloth, but I cannot overload it either...

I hope to see your comments and to see inf these parts wil do!! Thank you in advance.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
Re: My first kit - Soft Parts WIP - From Argentina!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:15 PM »
The soft parts are looking good! Are you planning on wearing both the sleeveless jacket and the Kama at the same time? Might just a little warm, just a thought I had. Not sure what the weather is like for you!

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Hi Kryamla Redalur, thank you for your comment!

Yes I was planning to wear all the pieces together, but it's not a problem because the fabric is quite cool... The problem is the vest. It's terribly warm! it is some sort of eco-leather with a plush or velvet in the inner part.

And we are having days of 30C / 86F (middle of Summer), terribly hot. Luckily, all the events start in Autumn

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2016, 02:33 PM »
I had to convert the temperature but yeah it does seem to get pretty hot! But if the linen cloak is lightweight then you should probably be fine! Just drink lots of water!

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Looking good! Just be sure you have enough armor to balance out all that fabric - you don't want to lose the armor in the cloth  ;)

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Looking good! Just be sure you have enough armor to balance out all that fabric - you don't want to lose the armor in the cloth  ;)

Thanks Kavryn for your comment! Yes, I haven't thought much about the balance regarding that aspect... I may do a smaller cape if this one doesn't work quite well  8)

Pax

• Pax ex musa. Pax ex arma.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Hello!
  Looks like you have a lot of really nice soft parts started!  Here in Arizona, a lot of us seem to use canvas or another heavy cloth for the vest, because leather and vinyl are just so hot.  I didn't see a flight suit, so if you don't have one yet, you could try using very lightweight material for it to try to reduce the heat.  Another thing that can keep you cooler is to wear short boots or appropriate shoes instead of high boots, because your suit will be cooler than the leather/vinyl/PU of your boots.  Light armor is coolest for the same reason.
  Good luck and stay cool!

--Pax
"Bic akaan'haastal!"

QMU #038

Dar'gai WIPs
Planning    Build    Weaponry    Buy'ce

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2016, 06:45 PM »
Pax, thank you for your comment, I wil try to make another vest from a lighter fabric in the short time.

Meanwhile, I have done some progress regarding my Soft Parts:

I did these forearm covers, they go ut to the elbow

I finished sewing the pouches and I also did a Hostler for a pistol I am finishing:

I improved the kama and front part. I will remove the golden coins and sew them in the other end of the loin cloth.

I also dyed the cape so it would look more weathered. This is how it looks all together now. I still need an upper piece for the flight suit. Will dye it the same colour of the pants.

I still need the gloves...

What do you think of the costume so far? Thank you for reading.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:13 PM »
I LOVE it. Seriously impressed, that came together so well! Can't wait till you get your armor sorted, this is gonna be great once it's all together! ;D

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:17 PM »
I LOVE it. Seriously impressed, that came together so well! Can't wait till you get your armor sorted, this is gonna be great once it's all together! ;D

Thank you so much Kavryn! I must say tour kit is one of my favourites and an inspiration as well :)

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Everything looks so good! :)

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Everything looks so good! :)

Kryamla thank you so much! I love the design of tour plates! Mine will be more boba fett's traditional style

Dha Bral

• Vindicated.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Pax, thank you for your comment, I wil try to make another vest from a lighter fabric in the short time.

Meanwhile, I have done some progress regarding my Soft Parts:

I did these forearm covers, they go ut to the elbow

I finished sewing the pouches and I also did a Hostler for a pistol I am finishing:

I improved the kama and front part. I will remove the golden coins and sew them in the other end of the loin cloth.

I also dyed the cape so it would look more weathered. This is how it looks all together now. I still need an upper piece for the flight suit. Will dye it the same colour of the pants.

I still need the gloves...

What do you think of the costume so far? Thank you for reading.

Oya Delfinatriz!
Every region has at least one App team member assigned to it. My region is Latin America. I've been following your build from the start. Very nice work!
I want to warn you about the overuse of fabric on a mandalorian kit. While it is all great work, too much fabric can lead to a kit not being unapprovable if it takes away from the mandalorian armor look. 
Keep up the good work, but keep in mind that too much fabric can lead to a denial, no matter how well it is made.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!