Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Yogi's Jetpack build

• 24 Replies

Yogi

Re: Yogi's Jetpack build
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2016, 10:10 PM »
I ended up making the rocket I had work. Really happy with how this turned out

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Snooptheroop

• "..." -Luke Skywalker, The Force Awakens
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2016, 12:29 PM »
Nice

Yogi

« Reply #17 on: Jun 16, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Well I wasn't ultimately happy with it, so I went back to work on it some more. I added some more pieces and decided to scrap the rocket completely. I ordered a Death watch rocket from EA which should fit into the PVC perfectly. I spruced it up with some more color as well and plan to add some side thrusters. The hole in the front will house a switch that will turn on a LED light near the top. I also plan to add a Beacon.

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Yogi

« Reply #18 on: Jun 17, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Got the LED and switch installed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WsUfc3kbo

I also fashioned some thrusters out of some Christmas ornaments, 3/4" PVC, and $1 bird houses from Michael's

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #19 on: Jun 20, 2016, 04:11 PM »
Really like this build vod. like it how you kept it simple in his design. it screams I am a Jetpack :) this definitely inspired me :)

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Yogi

« Reply #20 on: Jun 22, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Really like this build vod. like it how you kept it simple in his design. it screams I am a Jetpack :) this definitely inspired me :)

Thanks it has been a fun build. This is what it looks like now with the completed Thrusters. The Red part in the center of the ornament is a beer pong ball I sliced in half and hot glued to the Christmas ornament. That center circular part covering where the hole used to be is a plastic stake from a slip and slide. I cut it down and hot glued it in place. Just waiting on the Rocket to get here and I plan to add a pulsing Beacon later down the line. The trickiest part will be figuring out how to do the harness to get it attached to me.

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016, 03:59 PM by Yogi » Logged
MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #21 on: Jun 22, 2016, 04:22 PM »
haha wauw so cool. now I want to scratch build a jetpack :D because taking a beer pong ball for a jetpack is just epic :D

the only thing I worry about is assembling it my back. seen so many different approaches. magnets, harness. screws you name it.

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Yogi

« Reply #22 on: Jun 22, 2016, 05:18 PM »
Well it really depends on how heavy it is. My pack is pretty substantial, I haven't weighed it but I imagine its closer in weight to one of my guitars, maybe about 8 lbs. My pack is  a combination of PVC, carboard, wood, plastic and metal. Could probably have shaved a few lbs off by skipping on the wood in areas.

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Yogi

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2016, 09:30 PM »
New Rocket came in from Eternal Armory!

MMCC #1845
Haaranovor Clan

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #24 on: Jul 29, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Nice job on the jet pack and I'm digging the gonk droid haha

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!