Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

EC - Cuyan Fawr

• 86 Replies

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: EC - Cuyan Fawr
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2016, 02:01 PM »
On a side note, only ONE picture this whole WIP has had no cats in it..oh my. Good looking work though!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2016, 02:20 PM »
On a side note, only ONE picture this whole WIP has had no cats in it..oh my. Good looking work though!

Thank you. I aim to keep it at just the one! Figured if I was going to make a thread to give people a chuckle, I would go all out :P

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2016, 07:04 PM »
You know...I can always photoshop a cat into that one picture...

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2016, 07:15 PM »
lol. Tempting, but no, I had to fight for that paper. Anything vaguely square and flat is considered a good bed and good beds are not to be left without at least a little clinging on and mrrrowing hopefully that this time the human doesn't reeeeally want this thing they put down 10 seconds ago.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Kris Jasra

« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Junior Management had far too much energy and was being a lovely photographic blur (can nexu get high from lacquer... he did go and give my plates a good sniff, silly boy).
Aforementioned plates are complete: damaged, weathered and attached to the leather backing. I now clatter when I move - knew there was something I'd forgotten - was meaning to get some little foam sticky things, the sort you put on doors to stop them damaging a wall.
Also got the little black fur pouch and trophy braid on the left attached. And not pictured but my second shoe now has armour cut out. Yay.

Next: shape, weather and attach the boot armour.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #20 on: Mar 10, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Quick, have a sneaky look at the first boot, sanded, shaped and weathered, just the attaching to go. (And do you know how hard it is to take a picture when there's a pygmy nexu hanging off the wrist strap on the camera?!)

Knees are also well underway - fibreglass/resin and filler. They've got a primer and black layer on so far. They appear to have passed their first inspection though.

The Junior Manager was impressed by the size of box that came for just one can of paint (top coat for the knees). The Manager has been enjoying using the now emptied box to lounge around and watch the ongoing work.

Next: Get the other boot to the same stage and paint the knees.

Draceline

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Boxes make good nexu traps, don't they? They are very useful when trying to keep them away from trouble.

Mine decided I was outside for too long yesterday and started telling me off when I came back in.

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Kris Jasra

« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Mine decided I was outside for too long yesterday and started telling me off when I came back in.

Oh yeah. Totally been there.
On a similar note. Look at the disgust at my invasion of his windowsill to find some light to get a good close up pic of the weathering on the boot plates.

(Waving the laces however appease all my nexu)

The Supervisor requested that I check the bottom of the fur is covering all traces of the laces and I decided to do a full kit up because I could. The ankle area was apparently satisfactory. Although he did point out that parcel tape was not an acceptable material to hold up the knees.

He also decided that once up in my arms (I really did want a pic where the shoes were visible and he wasn't shifting) instead of going for a forward dismount he would instead scale down the back of the human servant...

Next: continue working on other shoe.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2016, 04:45 PM »
Finished The Managers back armour but she decided she wasn't going to use it for seagull protection so I'll be adding it to the back of my shoes as heel armour. (Thanks Kitala for the spikes)

Edit:
Teaser of the upcoming chest armour. The Assistant Manager tried to cover it but I got the picture while it was only slightly out of place. Really doesn't look like a 34DD from this angle does it? :P Chest plate is fibreglass and resin then a rondo coat so far, the ab plates are 1.2mm aluminium.

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2016, 01:27 PM by Kris Jasra » Logged

Maldemar

• There's the simple way, then there's my way.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Hmm, battlecat, must resist urge to construct actual cat-armour :P

Also chest armour looking really good, looking forward to seeing it complete with all the boney weathering and all that jazz, but yeah glad the random metal boobekin helped you out there :P

Wizard of Metal
- Hik'aari 2020

QMU#031
ALUMINATI #034

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2016, 10:45 AM »
I'm sorry, the cats crawling all over you is just flat-out hilarious!  :laugh:

Kris Jasra

« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Hmm, battlecat, must resist urge to construct actual cat-armour

glad the random metal boobekin helped you out there

No Mal. NO. You will not armour our Nexu! We will all die.

And yeah, the metal mannequin worked brilliantly as a base shape for fibreglassing on so the card keeps it's 'me' shape. Also useful as a wipe clean work board for planning armour placement.

The Manager is pleased with the progress using the aforementioned technique. 2 outside chest plates are 'glass and resined and the bondo is in varying states of smooth.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #27 on: Apr 02, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Bit more work on the two outer breast plates over the past couple of days. Management team thinks it's fine, note the lack of protest given. I'm not entirely convinced about the mark I bone effect, although it does look better during daylight than through the fluorescent filter on the camera. Still, opinions?

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 02, 2016, 06:14 PM »
I think you've done a great job of recreating weathered/aged bone, I'd be tempted to add some chips and cracks once happy with the finish. Makes me very excited about the finished kit :)

Kris Jasra

« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2016, 04:35 PM »
I'd be tempted to add some chips and cracks once happy with the finish.

Most of those two plates are actually underneath the leather pauldron thing so I left them fairly pristine, but the shoulders and gaunts will definitely be more beaten up.

So, the Supervisor here is looking very handsome as he shows off what my housemate can do in about two or three hours. Thanks Maldemar, I suppose I'll have to forgive you for attempting to break my finger ;):P Pretty much all the shaping done to the base, so just planishing, smoothing, and then all the details to go...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!