Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

EC - Cuyan Fawr

• 86 Replies

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
Re: EC - Cuyan Fawr
« Reply #75 on: Jul 01, 2016, 06:41 PM »
First off the kit is coming together really nicely, looking forward to seeing it all finished up!

Other than the things you already have listed out, the only thing I noticed is that your cod plate is sitting a touch off center, looks like it needs to come about an inch or two to over. But really it is just my OCD to have the taper line up with the bottom ab plate.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #76 on: Jul 01, 2016, 06:45 PM »
lol, yeah. didn't mention plating (or my back pouch) sitting out of place as some of it got shifted while taping :P

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2016, 06:53 PM by Kris Jasra » Logged
Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Tenebris

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #77 on: Jul 02, 2016, 04:58 AM »
I really love the shoulders....well all of it.

(I know nothing about neo crusaders) So purely From a visual point of view I think perhaps a little more drape round the front of the cheeks, sides of face. I'd possibly take the point off the hood to nothing to follow the curve of the head.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #78 on: Jul 02, 2016, 08:21 AM »
I really love the shoulders....well all of it.

(I know nothing about neo crusaders) So purely From a visual point of view I think perhaps a little more drape round the front of the cheeks, sides of face. I'd possibly take the point off the hood to nothing to follow the curve of the head.

This is an EC not a Neo, doesn't need to have the same cowl shape, though i think a bit of bulk in the cowl or maybe some kind of over hood would help make your head look a bit bigger since the mask is so form fitting but if you add an over hood-hood you might risk looking too sith acolyte.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Tenebris

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #79 on: Jul 02, 2016, 11:18 AM »
This is an EC not a Neo, doesn't need to have the same cowl shape, though i think a bit of bulk in the cowl or maybe some kind of over hood would help make your head look a bit bigger since the mask is so form fitting but if you add an over hood-hood you might risk looking too sith acolyte.

See I know nothing.....If you did go for a over hood, perhaps doing it in green (to tie in with the accents) would be less sith? But then it might swamp the mask? otherwise you could try stayflexing the current shape to bulk it more?

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #80 on: Jul 02, 2016, 04:08 PM »
I am planning to add a sort of ponytail type thing at some point, it's just on the backburner as something not likely to be ready before CE.

otherwise you could try stayflexing the current shape to bulk it more?

stayflexing? And the shape of which - mask or cowl?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Tenebris

« Reply #81 on: Jul 04, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Stayflex is a stiffener for fabric (its like another layer of fabric you use between the fabric and lining or facing) you can get baste on, or iron on I use iron on (im lazy), its used for collars, facings, cuffs...we use it a lot in on the stand cutting as basically it holds the shape. Was just an idea to give volume without the cowl/draping shape.

I know you don't have to go for the cowl, but I think it might look quite nice...just to balance the proportions of the mask where it comes in at your chin...pony tail sounds like a plan.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #82 on: Jul 09, 2016, 06:25 AM »
App pics are in. Would have preferred a bit more feedback but time is running out :( All the basics are done, still got a few more additions to try and finish before Celebration.

Draceline

• Angel of War
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #83 on: Jul 11, 2016, 07:25 PM »
This looks really good! I'm glad you got everything reasonably finished in time for Celebration.

I'm not a big fan of the left arm plates, but they certainly work. They just don't seem to fit the aesthetic of the rest of the kit. But maybe that's just me...

Anyway, lovely job!

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Nirob

• What doesn't kill me dies.
  • Awards 40% increase or more Order of the Ori'Ramikad Force Hunter Brigade Member Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #84 on: Jul 12, 2016, 04:02 AM »
Nice. You did a really good job on this costume.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #85 on: Jul 12, 2016, 04:22 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the left arm plates, but they certainly work. They just don't seem to fit the aesthetic of the rest of the kit. But maybe that's just me...

Not a fan of them at the moment either, but hopefully they'll look better after the cons passed and I can get the rest of the bits I had planned finished.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #86 on: Jul 12, 2016, 03:51 PM »
nice work vod! really wished I could go the celebration. so we could meet up. and take a picture together :(

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!