Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chrome/mirror visor tint question

• 7 Replies
Chrome/mirror visor tint question
« on: Aug 22, 2017, 04:48 PM »
I just purchased a face shield for my NME stalker helmet. I want to do a silver/chrome or mirror tint. I'm looking everywhere and they seem to only come in very large rolls. Anyone know where I can get just enough for a single visor? I won't have any use for the mass amount of extra film

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Chrome/mirror visor tint question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2017, 04:51 PM »
as someone who recently got some, I suggest the roll just in case. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra (I needed to redo mine after the first go around). Also, what remains you can keep if and when wear and tear starts to show and you want to redo it.

It is better to be a Warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war
M.V.S 080 l L.O.B 61 l V.O.T.S 90
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05:06 PM »
 I suppose having extra doesn't hurt. I was trying to keep things as cheap as possible since I'm on a really tight budget in between jobs. I'm trying to find where I can get the cheapest and as soon as possible because my deadline is next Wednesday when I leave for Dragon con

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05:22 PM »
I suppose having extra doesn't hurt. I was trying to keep things as cheap as possible since I'm on a really tight budget in between jobs. I'm trying to find where I can get the cheapest and as soon as possible because my deadline is next Wednesday when I leave for Dragon con

If you have amazon prime, the tint I got was from there for $7. Vinyl self adhesive for cars

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:34 PM »
I went to a tent shop. You will have to explain what you want it for and convence them it will work. I talked the the guy for 15 minutes because he kept telling me it wouldn't work. Finally I pointed out that they throw away more than I need and he gave me some scrap.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:56 PM »
If you have amazon prime, the tint I got was from there for $7. Vinyl self adhesive for cars

I do actually, can you send me a link to the one you're talking about? I was looking on there and couldn't find anything that would ship out in time for a reasonable price

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2017, 03:54 PM »
I do actually, can you send me a link to the one you're talking about? I was looking on there and couldn't find anything that would ship out in time for a reasonable price

Here is the one I purchased. Not sure if it's the style you are looking for, but it will give you a nice start into getting suggestions that would work.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6P4GLM/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1VNG36RSMYK7P

« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2017, 12:13 PM »
I just bought a cheap solar visor for mine and cut it up. You can get them. On ebay for like $4.

I tried to do mirror tint and couldn't get it to not krinkle all over. And it was expensive, since I could only get rolls of it...

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!