Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Mando build WIP, first time working with Sintra

• 29 Replies

Hiryu02

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: First Mando build WIP, first time working with Sintra
« Reply #25 on: Aug 15, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Yes, attempting to bend at the waist after putting on the vest and belts I quickly discovered was no go lol.

The gaunts being unevenly sized is actually intentional. The left gaunt will be a full clamshell, built up with extra plates and should look noticeable "better armored" once done. The right gaunt is a half-shell type over the top and sides, and will mount an extending vibroblade.

The main thing I was hoping to get was feedback if everything was sizing up correctly, and you say that they appear to be the right size, which is great, I can proceed on next steps knowing I don't have to make big changes to trim/size etc, just worry about fit and finish.

Thank you so much for the reply.

"The Cabal centurion opened up on her at point-blank, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing." - Monitor Type 2 Titan armor

"Only the armor lasts" - RC 8015, Fi Skirata
OM#2184

Hiryu02

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2017, 02:09 PM »
After a frantic crunch to finish by the Thursday premiere of TLJ, I have mostly finished the build in total. It is in a wearable state, but needs added touched before app pics. I just wanted to share my progress so far. This is the first time I have ever finished a costume and gotten it to a wearable, finished (almost) state.

Unfortunately I was unable to get pics taken at the movie on Thursday due to the amazing amount of people and that I was actually almost late to the movie. I will go again this weekend and hopefully will have another chance to take pics. It was surprisingly comfortable to wear after everything.

Still need to weather the cape, finish weathering the vibroblade gaunt, perhaps adjust heavy gaunt to give me more bend at the elbow. I also want to make a larger shoulder plate to go over the cloak, as shown in my original concept.

I'll be working on this through the weekend, but it is at least wearable and ready for non-official trooping.

"The Cabal centurion opened up on her at point-blank, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing." - Monitor Type 2 Titan armor

OM#2184

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Looking good vod! I'm off to see TLJ this afternoon, but unfortunately my kit's nowhere near done. Still hyped for the movie though.

Hiryu02

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Thanks man, hoping to get it ready 100% soon. I quite enjoyed the movie, hope you do as well.

OM#2184

Zando

• Hello!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 16, 2017, 08:26 PM »
Thanks man, hoping to get it ready 100% soon. I quite enjoyed the movie, hope you do as well.

Awesome! And the movie was amazing, IMO it's the best modern Star Wars to date, though TFA was decent and Rogue One was really good.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!