Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor Build (WIP)

• 6 Replies
First Armor Build (WIP)
« on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:11 AM »
Just got around to starting my armor build today. Tried making a "hotknife" to make cutting out the plates easier, but that didn't work out so well, so I hand-cut all the plates out using an Xacto Knife, and now my hands are killing me.

Still trying to figure out a color scheme for sure, but as of now here's the plan:

Flight-Suit: Black
Vest: Black

Armor: Dark Metallic Grey and Orange
Girth Belt: Dark Grey (or Orange if that works out)

Gauntlets: Black/Grey

First Attempt at Plates:

Will post an image of them on me hopefully by the end of the week. Still need to get all my soft parts to start fitting everything.

Planning on getting the Mando Stalker helmet from NME Props and doing a similar paint scheme.

What do ya'll think?

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016, 08:53 PM by drgnbrn » Logged

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: First Armor Build (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2016, 04:58 AM »
Liking the colour scheme. Thinking so you don't hide in the background so much, maybe make the gauntlets all orange. That intense splash of colour against the outline will go a long way. Just my opinion of course  :D

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Updated with a new option for my color scheme (white background). Any suggestions?

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:24 AM »
I like it. Will you still be outlying the grey with orange? I think that will look excellent :D

Kal Revik

• "You can run, but you will only die tired."
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Both look very awesome! I like the first picture and the second one looks a little Tron-ish but still looks awesome! I also agree putting some orange on the gauntlets would bring out the outlining but i think a dark orange sash would look really awesome...maybe do some orange trim on the Kama too but that's my opinion.

OM #1135 Vhe'rang clan, NM/W. TX, SC
BM #149 Brigade: Spec Ops Recon
ALUMINATI #043/MIB #020/M.A.R.S #58/M.A.
#165/L.O.B. #50/O.O.P.S.! #39/Mandalorian Cavalry #7

Kal Revik

• "You can run, but you will only die tired."
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2016, 03:56 PM »
Also a dremel would be best to use for the armor instead of an exacto knife but your plates came out good! Do you have a picture with them on you? To see how they fit on you?

OM #1135 Vhe'rang clan, NM/W. TX, SC
BM #149 Brigade: Spec Ops Recon
ALUMINATI #043/MIB #020/M.A.R.S #58/M.A.
#165/L.O.B. #50/O.O.P.S.! #39/Mandalorian Cavalry #7

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Stick with the exacto :P just make sure you have a good blade in it. I hate using my dremel on plastics, it leaves an edge which needs huge amounts of sanding...
Definitely make sure you get a sizing pic done (unless you had one in the planning board) before painting.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!