Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pulse's Desert Mando - WIP

• 50 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Pulse's Desert Mando (Planning WIP)
« Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Great job on the helmet! It's looking great so far!

I'm really digging the raised parts to your armor design :) My suggestion before you get too much further with your armor is to tape them on you for sizing! It seems as they currently sit that your collar is a little wider than your plates. Typically the collar lines up with the corners of the chest plates.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Pulse

« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:37 PM »
Great job on the helmet! It's looking great so far!

I'm really digging the raised parts to your armor design :) My suggestion before you get too much further with your armor is to tape them on you for sizing! It seems as they currently sit that your collar is a little wider than your plates. Typically the collar lines up with the corners of the chest plates.

Thank you both for the positive comments!

And thanks for the heads up, I noticed it too. I need to trim that a little and tape them on me. I did size the papers prior to cutting but couldn't get a good selfie. lol I haven't used and adhesive yet to connect the pieces, so trimming as needed shouldn't be an issue.

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:43 PM »
Looking good!

Building on what Kryamla said, I'd recommend sizing and shaping your base plates before adding teams plates. That way you can easily trim them as necessary, and you won't have issues with the layers heating and bending at different rates.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Pulse

« Reply #28 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Looking good!

Building on what Kryamla said, I'd recommend sizing and shaping your base plates before adding teams plates. That way you can easily trim them as necessary, and you won't have issues with the layers heating and bending at different rates.

Cool, I was thinking the same thing. I figured it wouldn't be a idea to glue the pieces together then heat and shape. My plan was to cut everything, size it, mold it, then size the layers and piece them together.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #29 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Cool, I was thinking the same thing. I figured it wouldn't be a idea to glue the pieces together then heat and shape. My plan was to cut everything, size it, mold it, then size the layers and piece them together.
That's exactly how I'd do I! Sounds like you've got a good grasp of what needs to be done. Look forward to your progress vod

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Pulse

« Reply #30 on: Apr 10, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Thanks again, vod!

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Apr 10, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Good luck! Can't wait to see more :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #32 on: Apr 11, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Lovin your work vod. Looking forward to seeing these molded

MMCC OM #1437 |MMCC Brigade #198| B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027

Pulse

« Reply #33 on: Apr 11, 2016, 04:42 PM »
Lovin your work vod. Looking forward to seeing these molded

Thank you vod!

Pulse

« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2016, 01:12 PM »
Alright, the alignment and spacing is slightly off, but overall how does the size look? It's not easy setting up the armor and taking the pic alone. Sorry for the dark photo.

Your thoughts please? Thank you in advance!

« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2016, 03:24 PM »
Kit looks great so far but your bucket looks awesome!! I cant believe how good that turned out considering the problems i kept having using paper and card.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2016, 03:32 PM »
Spacing is great for using tape. Chest and ab look fine. Now it's on you though the collar looks too wide on the outside edges where it flares out and too far from the sides of your neck on the inside edges.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Pulse

« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Here's an update on my knees. I'm very happy with how they turned out, a lot of work, but fun and worth every minute! Need to add my darts and elastic bands to hold them in place. Then of course paint. Going to paint my entire kit last. What do you guys think?

Pulse

« Reply #38 on: Apr 28, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Kit looks great so far but your bucket looks awesome!! I cant believe how good that turned out considering the problems i kept having using paper and card.

Thanks, Kris! It wasn't easy, lots of love and hard work! I'm not done with it though. Need to add fans, inner padding, visor and then paint. Just take your time, it will all come together.

Pulse

« Reply #39 on: Apr 29, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Took the advice on my collar and trim the outer ends and modified the inner part. I might do some more changes to it. Things are really coming along now. Need to touch things up a bit more, but getting close to throwing primer on.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #40 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:06 PM »
I really like those trama plates! Good work :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #41 on: Apr 30, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Nice use of the trauma plates there. Looking good.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Pulse

« Reply #42 on: Apr 30, 2016, 02:12 PM »
Thank you, vods! Appreciate the positive comments.  :D

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Unfortunate...I can tell right away these won't meet CRL's. But I can make them if you send them to me  :P I'm a sucker for layers and I LOVE what you've done here! These look awesome!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Excellent work!  That is a great looking helmet.  Looking forward to seeing some more progress. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Pulse

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Unfortunate...I can tell right away these won't meet CRL's. But I can make them if you send them to me  :P I'm a sucker for layers and I LOVE what you've done here! These look awesome!

bahahahaha!! Thanks, vod! I love they way they turned out too.

Excellent work!  That is a great looking helmet.  Looking forward to seeing some more progress.

Thank you, vod! I'm plugging away, I feel like I have really got things going. Everything is coming along quicker than I expected.

Pulse

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Small Update...

Got my base done for my back plate (What a pain!) lol. I'm happy with it though. Also, complete the base kit for my survival pack which can attach and be removed for functionality. Plus it opens up for storage.  ;D

Also, I went to a local discount store and score some valuable items for my kit. Got 2 sheets for my capes, 3 nerf guns to cut down and modify, a large black leather purse to cut up for my ammo pouches and a large leather belt for my ammo belt. All these items for just under $17! What a steal!

Anyways, until next time, back on the grind...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:34 PM by Pulse » Logged

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 06:08 PM »
I like your pack thing. File down the "FUNCTION" writing on the remote thingy and that'll be good.

Pulse

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45 PM »
I like your pack thing. File down the "FUNCTION" writing on the remote thingy and that'll be good.

Thanks! Yeah, I was planning on removing that and adding some comm LEDs

Pulse

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads up. My time on here and building my kit for the next 2 months will be limited due to testing for a promotional opportunity within my job. I'm still whole heartedly committed to my kit and in the meantime I will gather materials needed to complete everything upon my return.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!