Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early era Armor

• 8 Replies
Early era Armor
« on: Jan 27, 2016, 09:37 PM »
I am planning my first suit and I'm not 100% sure what the limitations are with early era armor. I read the guidelines but I still have a few questions about what types of leather are best to use and also what weapons best fit into the early Era.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Early era Armor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:00 PM »
For the leathers, stick to earthy tones. So undyed veg tans, brown shades, russets and red/browns. May get away with small amounts of olive greens. For accents, any weight will do, for armour panels you're wanting heavier armour grade leathers. I'm building an early, only used cowhide so far, but I do own several other animal hides which I could use, such as rabbit, lamb, goat (and one I don't have cut would love to get hold of - buffalo).

Weapons tend to be melee based, although there are a few examples of early blasters around.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2016, 08:48 PM »
what would look good, personal opinion, some gator skin, gonna be EXTREMELY! hard to get i think, and exspensive, but it will look very, star wars like, there are a lot of reptiles in the star wars universe...

"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2016, 06:17 AM »
lol, yeah, crocodile, alligator or snake skin would be awesome. Unfortunately near impossible to get hold of here due to import laws. When they do come through they are hideously expensive.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Depending on where you are and what kind of leather shops you have around you can always get faux croc/gator skin. It is cow leather that has been heat molded to look like real croc/gator skin. It is also a lot cheaper then real croc/gator skin but is more expensive then plain leather of the same weight.

I am but the last of a lost clan. I am a lost Mandalorian now.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:30 AM »
ya but it would for sure be worth it if you had the extra cash, and it would be one of a kind too :)

"Ni narir va gaanader mando jibr, mando jibr gaanader ni"-Jalkaryr jag

(I didn't choose the mandalorian life, the mandalorian life chose me)-(my name)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 10:59 PM »
You can always get some veg tanned sides stamped to look like gator skin.  I saw a roller stamp a while back that does a pretty good gator hidea look. Cheaper than the real thing but looks good.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Could I extend his early weaponry question as I'm in a similar situation, as a blaster would a Sith war Mandalorian Ripper be acceptable? I'm struggling to find a source picture and don't know the styling yet.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 12:50 PM »
I'm debating  some gator skins myself. Im in florida i havent checked local but the heapest web prices ive run into are around, 130 for a 4ft

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!