Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nico WIP - the sequel

• 4 Replies

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
Nico WIP - the sequel
« on: Mar 12, 2016, 11:27 AM »
So up until recently, its been a long while since I've actually done anything to my mando armor in regards to improvement; cuz college, and all the time that takes up. Now that i'm graduated, got a spiffy new set of plates from Kill Stripe Props, and repainted what got carried over from my v1 armor; I'm finally being more serious about being up to snuff for CRL approval standards.

As such, I'm looking for suggestions on what should be changed/fixed/added to get my gear up to approval-status this year. To mention beforehand, i've already ordered a backplate and have a Boba-style cape to replace my long-worn pretty cape.

Front

Left

Right

Back

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 82

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Nico WIP - the sequel
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Overall, it looks pretty good.  It could use more weathering - but I'm of the Kal Skirata school of thought about mando armor.  heh  The only thing that really stands out to me is that your gauntlets look like they're stormtrooper armor painted to match.  I think those will need to be altered - possibly significantly - to be approvable.  You'll definitely want an App team member's ruling on it to be sure.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2016, 02:23 PM »
As far as I know, so long as its in-universe in appearance, there's nothing against using stormie gaunts.

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 82

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2016, 02:35 PM »
True enough, but there's an upper limit to how much non-mando gear you can have on your kit. I don't recall the exact percentage, though, which is why I said you'll need to have an App Team Member weigh in.   :D  Mind you, I love those gaunts, I just don't want your app to get dinged and you have to scramble. 

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Brenning

• Now with 40% MORE delusional goodness!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2016, 07:29 PM »
HOLY....  Deja Vu!

Sorry!  Nico, you don't know me, but I know of you!  Someone on another forum (a game called Flight Rising) mentioned your name a week or two back and linked me to your FB page when a topic about costumes came up and I mentioned I'm planning Mandalorian armor. 

Anyway, I like what you've got, and I can't wait to see what your gear looks like with the new cape and such (funny how little touches can change a whole look).  I sincerely hope those gauntlets pass approval, I think they are a nice variation on the usual gauntlets.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!