Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Finished attaching plates to vest

• 8 Replies
Finished attaching plates to vest
« on: Feb 06, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I finished attaching my Sintra armor plates to my vest. I still need to do a bit of heat molding to make it all fit just right and contour correctly but it's looking good so far. The vest is riding low in this photo so it will be higher when it's worn correctly.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Finished attaching plates to vest
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2016, 11:52 AM »
That looks pretty nice. :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Kal Revik

• "You can run, but you will only die tired."
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Armor and spacing looks good! Just paint the rivets and bring up the armor a bit like you said. Are you planning to attach your shoulder pieces seperately?

OM #1135 Vhe'rang clan, NM/W. TX, SC
BM #149 Brigade: Spec Ops Recon
ALUMINATI #043/MIB #020/M.A.R.S #58/M.A.
#165/L.O.B. #50/O.O.P.S.! #39/Mandalorian Cavalry #7

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Now that it's attached what's the plan for Painting it?

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:17 AM »
I am going to resin coat it so it has the uneven texture i like so i can make it look like rough forged metal. Then painting it and sealing it.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:24 AM »
I am going to resin coat it so it has the uneven texture i like so i can make it look like rough forged metal. Then painting it and sealing it.
What about protecting the best from over stiffening ?

QMU#084
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Not sure what you mean.

Bowfanny

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:33 PM »
I meant Vest. My phone hates the words I put into it. If you riveted your plates to your vest already how are you going to paint said plates without damaging the Vest?

QMU#084
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:01 AM »
I am going to paint them by hand with ether a paint brush or a rag, it might take longer but there was no good way to paint them before hand because i needed to be able to still heat them and adjust them for the best fit. Once i got everything fitting right i will resin coat the plates and paint them, i will post photos of that when its done.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!