Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My primary weapon Wookie bowcaster

• 16 Replies

Parjir

• Oya!
My primary weapon Wookie bowcaster
« on: Feb 08, 2016, 08:53 PM »
My current project. A wookie bowcaster! Saw somebody's on here a while back and followed their lead for the most part.

“Life is a gift that everyone cherishes, but eventually has to return.” - Mandalorian proverb

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: My primary weapon Wookie bowcaster
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:35 PM »
Interesting use of a Longshot, vod!

Off to a good start, just make sure you de-Nerf it by sanding logos and covering any obvious holes.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Thanks! I got the Nerf logo off. Should I get rid of the little shield on the stock?

“Life is a gift that everyone cherishes, but eventually has to return.” - Mandalorian proverb

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2016, 06:38 AM »
Thanks! I got the Nerf logo off. Should I get rid of the little shield on the stock?
Yes, along with any of the textures on the body. The smoother, the better.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Thank you very much!

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2016, 11:19 PM »
Ooooo! I like bowcasters! :D Looking forward to seeing more of this! :)

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Straka Zulu

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:17 AM »
Might want to lose the cocking handles, if you haven't already.

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:34 PM »
STRAKAZulu that way it looks more like a bowcaster?

Straka Zulu

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2016, 05:30 PM »
Also to remove it's ability to fire. One of the requirements is any mods done, the main one they want is to disable the firing mechanism to Nerf, airsoft or pellet guns.

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:28 PM »
Gotcha vod thanks.

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2016, 10:38 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that the screw holes need to be filled in so when I get a chance I will do that  :D

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2016, 01:15 AM »
I love the idea of going Bowcaster, a nice change of pace to the usual blaster.

I would advise some more mods to the base gun, as it still looks pretty nerfy... I know the app team can be pretty picky on that. some greeblies, and a little work on the stock would go a long way.

I like the direction you're going, and as a user of lesser used weaponry myself, can't wait to see the final product...

Keep up the good work vod!

Blackdugal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2016, 02:46 PM »
That's looking really good!  You will definitely want to do as Gnar-Gnar suggested and greeble it up some more to take that nerf look away.

Parjir

• Oya!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2016, 10:59 PM »
New coat after plugging the holes in.
Another coat.
Current look with detailing paint.
No greeblies yet. Trying to figure out what to use.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59 AM »
So far, so good. But it is still very recognizable as a Nerf Longshot. Need to start cutting and sanding, adding greebles to disguise the Nerfyness. Solid concept, just needs work.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41 AM »
So far, so good. But it is still very recognizable as a Nerf Longshot. Need to start cutting and sanding, adding greebles to disguise the Nerfyness. Solid concept, just needs work.
^true story.

Cut sections off, wrap with leather, add greeblies or add panels to cover up the very noticable Nerf-ness of it. 

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 03:10 AM »
its look good :D like the idea of a bowcaster. I toke a nerf gun for my base. but trust me bondo is your friend fill the howl thing up. it looks to much as a nerf. just full it up and add your own details. I also suggest to chance the stock. remove those wider plates. maybe add some fabric to it :) other than that a nice idea.

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!