Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

sword name

• 3 Replies
sword name
« on: Apr 29, 2016, 01:05 AM »
Is Prudii Kyramud a good name for my vibrosword? It translates to: Shadow Killer.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: sword name
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2016, 01:15 AM »
Is Prudii Kyramud a good name for my vibrosword? It translates to: Shadow Killer.
There's already a Merc by that name, so, I mean, up to you, but I'd suggest something more creative.

I call my weapons far more fun names.  I have a DL-44LR I'm working on right now that I call "Mr. Delicious."  My side arm?  "The Echo Special."  There's a staff I'm working on for my better half that will have no name other than "The Hurty Whooper."  Have some fun!  Don't try to sound bad shebs, just be bad shebs. :laugh:

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2016, 12:11 PM »
i actually got this name from a fantasy sword name generator, but it was shadow slayer instead of killer, the translator i was using didn't have slayer.

Fenruul

• Blinking lights and pocket sand.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2016, 12:17 PM »
There's no shame in lifting from patterns and cool names already existing within the Star Wars mythos. If you look at the Expanded Universe Video Games and Weapons guides, a lot of them have company names, species names, material names, quotation mark nicknames, and other patterns, as well as just personal pet names for the weapons. I followed the example of the model name and quotation mark nickname on my blaster carbine, which I call the "DZ-17 "Headhunter" Carbine", so you can see where the idea of a model name and a nickname come into play. It's fun to mix and mash everything. 1

"That guy who is sometimes around."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!