Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

A chipped vibroblade for The Chipped Vibroblade

• 3 Replies
A chipped vibroblade for The Chipped Vibroblade
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:55 PM »
Hello comrades, I've gotten a very good base for my armor (WIP will come soon) and now it's time to work on armaments, as my name suggests I want to build a vibroblade; my question is, what materials are applicable and con safe?

Everything I have is by my hand,
Glory for my clan, Glory for mandalore

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: A chipped vibroblade for The Chipped Vibroblade
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:57 PM »
Not metal. I'd suggest MDF (medium density fibreboard). You can find it at your local home improvement store.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:57 AM »
MDF is a good choice, I agree. Another option I've tried is PVC pipe. You just trace the template on the pipe, cut it out, and use a heat gun to flatten it. Sintra works, too, and just plain wood as well.
The big thing is it's best not to use metal, like Natan said, and don't sharpen it too much :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Thank guys! Wasn't sure about wood at cons but I'm very happy to hear that it is, I've made countless wooden swords in my life so this will be very very fun!

Everything I have is by my hand,
Glory for my clan, Glory for mandalore

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!