Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tenebrus Armory WIP

• 9 Replies

Darth Tenebrus

• brokar beskar'gam, kad'la ga'amur
Tenebrus Armory WIP
« on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Guess I'll have a separate weapons thread, starting....now

I showed my first steps for my lexan shiv in my armor thread.  I'll just show the finished product when I'm done with it.  Just needs paint & handle wrap.
[/URL]

My main kal will be a vibrodagger as seen in Rebels, and wookiepedia

I'm making dual holdout blasters from $1 store toys: took off front bushing, cut a length of 3/4" pvc pipe & made a channel to cover the slide.  I need to make an end plate for the back to cover the hammer section to the end of the pipe.  Then I'll paint & weather.

I have a nerf slingfire which I've started sanding down - took down the logos, writing and some distinguishing marks. I need to disable firing mechanism, fill in holes & cover the magazine well. I sanded flat the top rail, which I'll screw on my own picatinny rail to mount a crossman 4x20 scope.  The muzzle will be changed by adding a 2" female coupler. I'll leave the threading side towards the outside in case I want to extent the barrel (unlikely but possible).  I have a slide on stock sleeve for ammo, and a homemade 1-point sling to hold it.  Hope that's enough mods to un-nerf it.

I want to build a vibro or electro polearm but that will be in the future.  I liked Ronan's method for electroswords, and Aria's boomstick look.  Something like that.  So far I have a 50" wooden closet pole & assorted pvc couplers, adapters and parts set aside.  I'll be working on some grenades once I drink a few more 4oz Starbucks doubleshots & 8oz beverages.  I will likely make more of an arsenal than I'll be carrying.  I can make leather holsters & belts since I've been doing that for years, and will probably add a dslr camera sling mount to my belt for quick-detach points (like covertech clips).  For now it's time I finish what (I) started... and work on my armor next.

Mandobhooah

• I'll try my best
Re: Tenebrus Armory WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:43 PM »
I love this idea, and the blade makes it amazing

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:47 PM »
That vibroblade looks awesome

Darth Tenebrus

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I love this idea, and the blade makes it amazing

As a space ninja I think it'll be my primary weapon.

That vibroblade looks awesome

Vor'e!

Darth Tenebrus

Tenebrus armory WIP update
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Today I gutted my nerf, took out a few springs & extra bits.  Then I added a barrel cover using 2" pipe and a female threaded connector.  The top of that will need bondo to fill in the spaces.  I didn't replace the stock for now, thinking of maybe adding a side-folding stock instead, if I can find the proper hardware to do it.  That way the Nerf stock won't be there as a tell-tale.

Now it won't shoot, but I can use the lever action repeatedly without it getting stuck. The trigger will still depress but it doesn't catch on anything.  Is that good enough to make it non-operational?  Want to make sure before I glue coverings and bondo it together.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2016, 01:23 AM »
Nice! The Slingfire is one of my favorite nerf blasters,  I took one and cut down the stock in a "mares leg" style.

Rane Maldalay

• When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2016, 06:43 PM »
One thing I might recommend is taking an old Roughcut blaster and grafting parts of the Slingfire onto it.  Barrel assembly and the leaver would work wonders I think on the Roughcut's profile.  Though I also think grafting a cheapo revolver setup into the silhouette would work well as well.  I'm planning on that route myself.

Ye, though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no Evil.  For Evil cannot touch me through my armor, nor get close with my weapons.  I have no blind spots, for I have my vode to watch my back for me.  My feet are swift, my vengence just.  Let those who stand behind me be protected, those who stand beside me be loved... but most of all, let those who stand before me DIE.

Darth Tenebrus

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2016, 05:07 AM »
Though I also think grafting a cheapo revolver setup into the silhouette would work well as well.  I'm planning on that route myself.

I think adding a minigun size cylinder might just put that extra missing bit. Nice call.
And I did think about chopping off the stock too. If I add a cylinder, don't think I could chop the stock for a side folding stock - it'd have to be a mare's leg.

Darth Tenebrus

Re: Tenebrus Armory WIP update
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2016, 11:11 PM »
double post is bad?
but progress good :D
I painted and sealed my shiv knife, slim jim, and started some grenades & a lightsaber trophy. I think a hammer and drill will be used to finish making it non-"functional". Best thing was the drain part I got for a penny on the clearance aisle, and I had the pipe connector.

For the grenades I sprayed foam inside some 4 oz and 8 oz drink cans until it overflowed.  I realize now that I didn't fill in all the spaces boo, but will see if those will still work.  I need to craft the top before I can prep for painting.

Darth Tenebrus

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Here's my updated weapons -  adding the finishing touches, weathering and then matte clear coating.

with the SE-14 weathered

and the VibroDagger weathered

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!