Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weeeeee....on my way, slowly

• 245 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Weeeeee....on my way, slowly
« Reply #225 on: Feb 24, 2017, 06:29 AM »
if you come across any, pick up some humbrol dark brown enamel wash, it dries with a matt finish and looks great dabbed over scorched areas. i also use it as a fixing medium for the weathering powders.

« Reply #226 on: Feb 24, 2017, 07:13 AM »
if you come across any, pick up some humbrol dark brown enamel wash, it dries with a matt finish and looks great dabbed over scorched areas. i also use it as a fixing medium for the weathering powders.
Cool thanks mate, think I'll find that in Melbourne, pretty cool hobby shop down there. I'll have to write a shopping list and go exploring for cool stuff

Barn

« Reply #227 on: Feb 24, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Your stuff looks amazing mate, would love to catch up some time, maybe we can have our own armour party :P (I'm over in Seymour).

« Reply #228 on: Feb 24, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Your stuff looks amazing mate, would love to catch up some time, maybe we can have our own armour party :P (I'm over in Seymour).
Thanks mate, I'm trying to get it there. I don't think I've ever been to Seymour
Sounds pretty cool, could be tricky organizing a day at moment. Will keep it in mind though
I could drag over some stuff

« Reply #229 on: Nov 22, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Finally finished...only top of right ear to add. Taken awhile, earlier pics were lost...photobucket issues.
I Tried getting a few pics with varied lighting

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #230 on: Nov 22, 2017, 10:06 AM »
He's alive!! Don't forget that earcap!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #231 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:14 PM »
He's alive!! Don't forget that earcap!
That's vod, the cap was getting some last minute attention.....I did forget it when taking pic though

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #232 on: Nov 23, 2017, 03:07 PM »
That's vod, the cap was getting some last minute attention.....I did forget it when taking pic though
Just building suspense

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #233 on: Nov 23, 2017, 06:36 PM »
Just building suspense
Nah, nothing flash coming up. The ear cap just wasn't sitting flat

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #234 on: Nov 23, 2017, 10:48 PM »
Well that would have been a good excuse anyway lol.

QMU#084
« Reply #235 on: Nov 24, 2017, 12:21 AM »
Well that would have been a good excuse anyway lol.
That's true, I'm sort of tossing up whether to install a servo or not and also some electronics...like blinking lights in rf,  some type of thing to give impression it has a function. I'll need a hollow ref stalk either way.
Any one have any idea if you can get variable speed servos?
Stay tuned while the suspense builds  ;)

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #236 on: Nov 24, 2017, 11:11 PM »
Dope helmet man.  8)

« Reply #237 on: Nov 25, 2017, 12:12 AM »
Dope helmet man.  8)
Thanks mate, it's taken ages, at times I've been distracted, other times no time at all

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #238 on: Nov 25, 2017, 10:17 AM »
Thanks mate, it's taken ages, at times I've been distracted, other times no time at all

You can't rush art  ;)

« Reply #239 on: Nov 25, 2017, 05:54 PM »
You can't rush art  ;)

Thanks mate 👍🏻, a lot happened by accident though

Vhett Naast

« Reply #240 on: Nov 27, 2017, 05:30 AM »
Thanks mate 👍🏻, a lot happened by accident though

I feel that that is a major component in all art (mine anyway  :laugh:)

« Reply #241 on: Nov 27, 2017, 06:42 AM »
I feel that that is a major component in all art (mine anyway  :laugh:)
That's true, good learning experience too

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #242 on: Nov 27, 2017, 11:22 AM »
One of the most impressive paint ups EVER.  I have this thread bookmarked for inspiration.  :D

« Reply #243 on: Nov 27, 2017, 04:32 PM »
One of the most impressive paint ups EVER.  I have this thread bookmarked for inspiration.  :D
Geez, thanks mate, that means a lot.
Hopefully the rest of kit will be the same, will do another bucket for a friend, and redo and old assassin I found

The postie just delivered this

Another thing to paint, needs a clean up....decide colours...
Nme props, merc #308

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2017, 07:48 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #244 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:54 PM »
I’m going to need to find an economical way to get a helmet to you for a paint up one of these days. Not anytime soon but yeah.

QMU#084
« Reply #245 on: Nov 27, 2017, 11:38 PM »
I’m going to need to find an economical way to get a helmet to you for a paint up one of these days. Not anytime soon but yeah.
No probs bow, let me know the colours, amount of weathering and I’ll give it a bash

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!