Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How do you store, display or mount your armor when you are not trooping?

• 16 Replies

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
Hello all, i am very new to the forums :P and was wondering how you guys store or display your kits when you are not trooping?

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
I leave mine in plastic storage bin (with wheels).

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
In the tote bin I have. Looking to get a new one, a Husky bin. Better wheels that are much quieter than the current bin's.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Edwacoo

• Maaaan if you seen this.....
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I have a plastic storage bin!

Edwacoo Akic
Clan Nexu
MMCC# 1461
Mid West Garrison RC/TK# 14615
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
I'm Just a Simple Man Trying To Make My Way In the Universe

Taakur Beroya

Thank you for the answers. Do you all also bring them in the totes for trooping?

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
One is staged in my kit box to roll out for troops, one is hung up on a metal armor stand next to my bed.  I switch out every once in a while, put the other armor up, ready the hanging one for trooping.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
Generally I keep it stored in the same bin i use to transport it to troops. However, it's not uncommon for it to be scattered all over my apartment as I make repairs/adjustments, reweather it, or use it for inspiration for other kits. And my flight suit I hang on a closet door more often then not (since I generally wear it to troops to save the hassle of changing)

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
I have an old computer equipment hard case that I keep my kit in. Tough as nails and looks pretty unique. When travelling I can fit everything including helmet and flight suit in it but at home I keep my flak jacket, flight suit, and helmet hung in the closet just so everything isn't so tightly packed.

Mashukir Prudiise

• the laziest of potatoes
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
It is supposed to live in the barracks box I bought for it. The box is also the one I transport it in to troops. Currently it is spread from one end of my apartment to the other, because I've beenworking on it again.

Taakur Beroya

Thanks vode for all the quick replies. I think I'm going to make a japanese yoroi style armor stand from pvc.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
Thanks vode for all the quick replies. I think I'm going to make a japanese yoroi style armor stand from pvc.
I eventually plan on doing something similar :p

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
I did mine out of steel.  Then again, I'm an over-achiever. :D

Taakur Beroya

can you post a pic of your metal stand?

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
can you post a pic of your metal stand?
Don't have one handy, and I don't feel like cleaning it off to take a picture. :laugh:

It's a basic cruciform stand, with a domed plate at the top to accommodate the helmet, and half-sections of 3-inch pipe to allow the shoulder bells to sit on it.  All told, it stands about 3 feet tall, with arms about 22 inches wide, and a good foot of clearance between the helmet cap and the t-intersection between the main beam and horizontal beams.  It's a burly son of a strill, I'll give it that.

If you were inclined to use PVC, I would suggest secondary diagonal supports to brace the crossbeam and prevent warping, especially if you're using metal armor.

Taakur Beroya

Thanks Cin, Im making a plastic set so PVC with the braces should work. Does your stand also house the leg armors or are those pieces stored separately?

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
Thanks Cin, Im making a plastic set so PVC with the braces should work. Does your stand also house the leg armors or are those pieces stored separately?
Well, my stand is welded to a fairly large (2' x 3' x 1/8") plate, and my leg pieces, belts, and holsters just kind of... sit on it.  I don't have children or troublesome pets, so they're safe where they sit.

Taakur Beroya

I have mischievous cats so I might find a way to make the base storage for the rest of my armor.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!