Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first armor - From Argentina!

• 32 Replies

Delphin'Kam

• The Force is my best customer
My first armor - From Argentina!
« on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:33 PM »
Hi all,

First of all, apologies for my english and thank you for reading.

EDIT: Adding a couple of pictures:

My original Concept...you can see my shopping list for the soft parts in the left

So I have been doing a lot of progress. I have purchased a custom armor done with the XXS size of the Boba Fett templates. The helmet is supposed to be a 1:1 replica made of resin and fiberglass.

This is an advance of the armor and helmet!

Here is the space check

I decided to give it a shot and try to build armor back plates.

Then the painting part

And after a lot of hours and a lot of sewig I did the first test wearing all the kit. I'm at my parent's house so I took advantage of the back yard

So this is the final stage and will appreciate any comment, will provide more photos of the diffetent parts in detail .

Thank you for your attention!

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: My first armor - From Argentina!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:44 PM »
I really like your kit! I'd be curious to see a few more helmet pictures to see exactly how you filled the Boba Fett dent and how it looks straight on. Very good looking armor. Fits you great.

Official Troop Count: 73

Take it to the forums they exclaimed. So that they can get you on record and ban you for facts posted in a private forum.

NikeV

• Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Oh my goodness, we could be armor sisters! Looking really good!

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:33 PM »
NikeV! Hahaha yes, I saw your kit and really inspired me. I know it has differences though... :P

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Nice job on your armour!  The colours are quite pretty, and everything looks like it fits you very well.  Will you be applying soon?

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Hi Evaarla Kal, yes I hope so, I have to check with the  designated ap team member but I hope to apply this week if possible...Just need another weapon I think

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Nice!  You should be fine with the weapon(s) you have, I only had one in my app photos and passed just fine.  As long as your weapon is in-universe (and all screw holes are filled if there are any) then it should be good!

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2016, 04:22 PM »
Your kit looks amazing! I especially love your color choices and those pouches. Best of luck applying with the app team, I'm certain that there isn't much that can knock you back

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2016, 05:37 PM »
Beautiful colors! It looks like it's coming along quite nicely! What do you have left to do?

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Custom Armor WIP - Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession...

NikeV

• Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:37 PM »
I'm flattered! Keep up the good work ^-^

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:39 PM »
Great job on your kit!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I really like your kit! I'd be curious to see a few more helmet pictures to see exactly how you filled the Boba Fett dent and how it looks straight on. Very good looking armor. Fits you great.

Solus Raam, here are more photos of the helmet and armor plates. I purchased the helmet with all the dents and the little arrows of the brow covered...

The surface of the helmet is very smooth, I painted it with a darker color of pink-red using my fingers to give a more un-even aspect.. I also just could not make the range finder to move properly so I covered the gap. This way  I can put the range finder in the vertical por horizontal position. The helmet has an extra antenna.

I will update more photos soon! Thanks to all for your comments

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #12 on: Feb 19, 2016, 05:14 PM »
I really like how you painted everything. It looks like it was naturally weathered over the course of time. The variation in light and dark of the paint is a really really cool effect!

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
Facebook | Instagram
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2016, 06:19 PM »
I really like how you painted everything. It looks like it was naturally weathered over the course of time. The variation in light and dark of the paint is a really really cool effect!

It's almost as if your paint has faded from years spent out in the sun  :)

Delphin'Kam

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2016, 11:12 AM »
Thanks to all for your comments. I have already talked to my regional commander and Dha Bral for the final approval modifications. I will adjust the knee and hand plates, and send my application. But I wanted to share with you some photos:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!