Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tenebris WIP

• 80 Replies

Ara Zoller

• The Traveling Mando
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Tenebris WIP
« Reply #75 on: Apr 19, 2016, 12:51 AM »
Great build! And love the under helmet look. You guys just saved me on my own makeup issue though with sweating under the helmet. All the time I get my black and blue makeup all over my face because of it to the point that by the end of the day I'm just this blue face alien looking thing (and I'm human lol).

Ara Book 1  IT-Mando's - #28 KObM'S - #21 Kilted - #150 MAJIC - #15 GOMOL. - #37 QMU - #16 LOB - #11 Writer - #12 MMRS

Tenebris

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Apr 19, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Yeah, can get hot, though to be fair I was more thinking along the lines of having it set so that the helmet could be put on for pictures and such, not for leaving it on for longer periods for you. If that makes sense?

Ahh I get you, you don't happen to know if there are any good  twilek headdress patterns knocking about in cyberspace? Did you use leather is faux leather for yours?

Thanks Ara, what race are you?

My first bit of leatherwork for my stabby stabbies  :D

Teilyr Farsel

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #77 on: Apr 19, 2016, 10:14 AM »
Love the kit! And congrats on those stripes!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #78 on: Apr 19, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Ahh I get you, you don't happen to know if there are any good  twilek headdress patterns knocking about in cyberspace? Did you use leather is faux leather for yours?

I drafted a pattern with some spare fabric offcuts then transferred to leather. Pretty much went on a google search to get an idea of styles most in use. The leather is a midgrade flexible hide, it's solid enough to keep the lekku in place despite their weight yet also light enough that my skin can kind of breathe beneath it, so it's only under the latex of the lekku which gets hot.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Most invasions trooped in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2016, 11:01 PM »
For what it's worth, I used a belt pattern for the base of my headpiece and then just added larger and larger circles for the ear coverings and a chin strap. It was a lot simpler then I thought it would be.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Tenebris

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #80 on: Jun 01, 2016, 07:10 AM »
Thanks kris and aria, Im going to build the headband for this to see if I can get my lid on, over the top.......once I've finished this kit (yes I know mando is never really finished) I'm going to make a start on my twi'lek mando so may have to pick your brains about the helmet.

At the moment im having problems visualising the shape of the holsters for my dx-13's they need to sit where my little pistols are now, or just on the side a bit more, (the little ones are going up into a shoulder rig). Ive got all the leather to do it, I just need some ideas?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!