Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MissRiza's flight suit and such

• 26 Replies

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: MissRiza's flight suit and such
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Nice match. That is indeed a good find.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2016, 02:16 AM »
MIssRiza nice work on the soft parts :)

I have an underarmor top and I was approved it with it. As long as the top and bottom appear as one, I don't see why it wouldn't be an accepted flight suit :)

so is this only allowed for the ladies? my girl wants this kinds of flight suit. what kind of pants is it :)

Nice match. That is indeed a good find.

Kris Jasra you're from the App team, would a leather look pants. plus the same shirt allowed for approval? 

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2016, 06:28 AM »
Sorry to hijack your thread Riza:

Leroy: The trousers must match: on a 1 sleeve top the match must be to the long sleeves, or on a 2 part sleeve top (Boba double sleeves) the match must be to the outer sleeve section or to both parts of the sleeve.

If you can find trouser material to match an under armour top then you can wear that be you male, female or alien. Same with leather or leather look items. Key is that it matches in colour, material and fit and the split for a 2 part suit is fully hidden beneath the girth/sash at waist. Do be wary of breathability of materials though - leather look can get very hot.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

MissRiza

• Riza Polus
« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Sorry to hijack your thread Riza:

Leroy: The trousers must match: on a 1 sleeve top the match must be to the long sleeves, or on a 2 part sleeve top (Boba double sleeves) the match must be to the outer sleeve section or to both parts of the sleeve.

If you can find trouser material to match an under armour top then you can wear that be you male, female or alien. Same with leather or leather look items. Key is that it matches in colour, material and fit and the split for a 2 part suit is fully hidden beneath the girth/sash at waist. Do be wary of breathability of materials though - leather look can get very hot.

Not a problem at all - you kinda answered a question I hadn't considered yet regarding my second kit (I'm planning a Togruta) in your answer to L3R0Y. :)

As for my updates... Patterns are cut out for almost all my soft parts, but we have to wait til we finish placements of the armor to figure out girth belt.
Kama will be a fan-shaped style - think rounded bottom edge. It's cut, just needs to be assembled!
EDIT: ALSO I found the PERFECT boots so I'm not going to be using my previous ones. Pics on that soon.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Thanks all for the info :) And MissRiza Good luck with your build :)

MissRiza

• Riza Polus
« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Kama-hame-haaa!

MissRiza

• Riza Polus
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Went to an armor party this weekend, and flak vest and neckseal were made minus velcro (which I'd forgotten to bring... oops...) Photos soon!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Kama-hame-haaa!

Hahaha! It looks great! Looking forward to seeing your vest :)

MissRiza

• Riza Polus
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 09:47 PM »

(I was holding the neck seal shut because I hadn't sewn the velcro into it yet)

Fabric weathered and into the hot water wash to set. Should be finished tonight.

Other updates... girth belt's made, flak vest's made (and weathered in this batch here). um.... basically I'm done! I'll take a photo of the full soft parts tonight or tomorrow.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:51 PM by MissRiza » Logged

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 12:59 AM »
looking good :D would love to know more about the weathering Technic. what kind of wash?

MissRiza

• Riza Polus
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 03:17 AM »
looking good :D would love to know more about the weathering Technic. what kind of wash?
Just acrylic paint, a touch of water, and a rough brush. Wet the fabric down then dab on the paint. Quickly before it dries, rub vigorously into the wet fabric. :)

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 09:49 AM »
haha thanks that's like the technique you can do on the bucket :D  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!