Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Byron Grom's Arsenal

• 48 Replies

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal (ignore my first couple of attempts)
« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Nice! ;D
I think a small scope will really seal the deal for this. I mean, look at the Biker Scout blaster.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Byron_Grom

• Fortune favors the prepared
Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal (ignore my first couple of attempts)
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Nice! ;D
I think a small scope will really seal the deal for this. I mean, look at the Biker Scout blaster.

Very true. I'll probably end up adding one.

So I'm apparently the king of starting something and then getting a new idea and never finishing the first project because I put together a whole new scratch-build blaster rifle this weekend. I'm calling it the e-21c. It's the e-11's more distinguished older brother. It's not 100% done, but it's close enough to throw up some pictures.

Here's a photo worklog of how I got there.

So after all that, I now have this:

Thanks for reading.

Byron_Grom

Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal (new blaster rifle w/ worklog page 2)
« Reply #27 on: Dec 08, 2017, 10:47 AM »
I've been working on a design for a heavy blaster pistol.

I've made a couple of modifications to the design since this picture, but I'm pretty pleased with the look, and it should be relatively easy to put together.

Nimrodt

Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal (new paired blasters concept page 2)
« Reply #28 on: Dec 09, 2017, 01:16 PM »
It's been a long time since I posted here, but I put together a sketch of what I'm going for with these paired blasters. Let me know what you think.

use the  mauser and build this !

Unbesonnenheit ist das Charakteristikum der Jugend,Besonnenheit das des Alters,und Vorsicht ist der bessere Teil der Tapferkeit.

Byron_Grom

Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal (new paired blasters concept page 2)
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:39 PM »

use the  mauser and build this !

Haha, I'll get back to this one day.

But for the moment, I've got two new concepts I'm working on.

The pistol is for a clan-mate, and the heavy repeater is just for fun.

Byron_Grom

Re: Byron Grom's Arsenal
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Got to work on the pistol(s) today. I decided to make a pair of them. Here's what I've got so far.

More coming soon!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:38 PM »
I don't think I even knew that this thread was here, but I'm glad you told me about it! Those are looking awesome already! Haha.

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Byron_Grom

« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:31 PM »
So I've made some more progress, and this thing is turning into a real beast. (excuse the tape, I was just test fitting parts)

Now one thing that is worth mentioning, the radial fins on the barrel do make that section quite wide (roughly 2.5 inches). I don't think this is really a problem, since we're essentially going for a "hand cannon," but it does look a little odd at first glance. I'm thinking once I beef up the slimmer portion with some greeblies that issue will mostly fade away, but here's a look anyway.

And then, just for a sense of scale.

This thing is a monster, and I'm loving it.

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:16 PM »
That thing's a beast! It's beautiful! Haha!

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:59 PM »
That is a beautiful beast right there.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Byron_Grom

« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Alrighty, it's taken some time and more than a little fighting with it, but I've got most of the components on there. I'm glad I'm making two of these things, so I can get all of the mistakes out on the first one.  :laugh:

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #36 on: Feb 03, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Man that thing is awesome. I won't even be upset if I get the one that was your trial build! Haha

Byron_Grom

« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2018, 01:56 AM »
Man that thing is awesome. I won't even be upset if I get the one that was your trial build! Haha

Nah, you'll get the mk.II. This one is alright, but I can do better. Also, since I am doing a pair, I had kind of a random idea. You have SALVATION carved into your bucket right? I think that was you so correct me if I'm wrong, but if so, I could carve SALVATION into yours and DAMNATION into mine. Kind of a light side/dark side thing. Just a thought.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2018, 02:32 AM »
Yep! Haha. That's my bucket. It's kind of a twisted friendship blaster kinda thing. I like the idea!

Byron_Grom

« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Yep! Haha. That's my bucket. It's kind of a twisted friendship blaster kinda thing. I like the idea!

Cool. I have to make the sintra plates that go on the wood under the barrel yet so I'm thinking that'll go on there. I've also got to put together a few greeblies to go on it, though I think less will definitely be more on a streamline design like this.

I've also been meaning to ask, do you have a timeline you're looking to have it by?

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Cool. I have to make the sintra plates that go on the wood under the barrel yet so I'm thinking that'll go on there. I've also got to put together a few greeblies to go on it, though I think less will definitely be more on a streamline design like this.

I've also been meaning to ask, do you have a timeline you're looking to have it by?

No sir. No timeline at all. I'm not even rushing my Shae Vizla 3D printed one either.

Byron_Grom

« Reply #41 on: Jun 20, 2018, 10:11 PM »
No sir. No timeline at all. I'm not even rushing my Shae Vizla 3D printed one either.

Good to hear.
So it's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about this project. I made a little progress tonight.

And a little sneak peak at the direction I'm thinking of taking it.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #42 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Those just keep getting better! :like:

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
« Reply #43 on: Jun 22, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Looks gorgeous man! Keep it up

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #44 on: Jun 22, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Those just keep getting better! :like:

I agree with straka!

Byron_Grom

« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2018, 04:56 PM »
I've got a couple of new blaster concepts I wanted to post. I've decided going foreword that I'm going to go with only metal and wood for my builds. No more plastic (pvc, sintra, kydex, whatever). This new standard should yield sturdier, more authentic props with better natural weathering.

This first one looks a lot like a compact DH-17, which to be honest, I'm pretty ok with.

For the rifle/repeater, I was going for something like a swarzy AK-47. I borrowed pretty heavily from the TL-50 and T-21 repeaters. The idea being, heavy output, but not on an oversized machinegun frame like a DLT-19. It's got a curved side-mounted power pack, that's a little hard to envision from this picture.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the concepts.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #46 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05:44 PM »
I'm really liking the concept art of that repeater!

Byron_Grom

« Reply #47 on: Nov 13, 2018, 08:57 PM »
I'm really liking the concept art of that repeater!

Thanks man. I was going to start o it at the armor party this weekend, but I'm not sure what I'm going to use for the larger bore barrel yet. I was looking at conduit and I can't get anything that wide in less than like 8 feet which is way more than I need and really pricey. For now I'll be starting on a slightly modified version of the pistol, as I have several of the parts already, and can get narrower conduit in shorter lengths.

This blaster will probably be may main carried weapon from here on out. All metal and wood, mostly rivets and screws (minimal glue), authentic weathering. Should be a great project.

Byron_Grom

« Reply #48 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I picked up a bunch more parts for this build today. I'm considering adding a little more length and a detachable stock to it, thoughts?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!