Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando Build- Take Two

• 7 Replies

Kel Redal

• Definitely Not A Jawa
Mando Build- Take Two
« on: Mar 02, 2016, 02:05 AM »
Hai. :3

So, I started trying to build a Mando kit last summer. As I was using Rubbermaid totes for my material and had nobody around who A- knew what they were doing or B- was friendly enough with me to permit touching my boobs to get armour plates sitting well, that attempt failed miserably.

Naturally, now that I've moved to Hett'ciri Clan's local region, have made friends with local Mercs who know what they're doing, and have gotten my hands on proper Sintra, we're trying this whole Mando-build thing again. :D (Jag and Ruusaar Cin are lovely humans, btw. In case anyone was wondering.) So far I have my flightsuit (modified medical scrubs) and flak vest (heavily mutilated thrift store find!) pretty much done, and my armour plates are starting out nicely!

This is the plan we're going for. Peter thinks I should do shinplates to help keep my knees in place. I'm not entirely sold on the idea yet, but we'll see what we decide. :3 Colour scheme for the armour will be dark blue and silver.

Terrible picture of the flight suit and vest! The suit was a set of medical scrubs, plus the legs of an additional pair of pants that were repurposed as sleeves.

And the collar and shoulder bells! I've since taken a heat gun to them and bent them to my own frame (difficult when you're doing that in your garage by yourself because your friend's workshop is on the other side of the city and you're too lazy to drive all the way there... >.>), but there's no pictures of that yet. Nor are there pictures of the back plate (which may get cut down into smaller sections for better mobility) or boob plates, which were cut today and still need sanding and molding. Those shall come Thursday.

If everything goes according to plan, this kit should be done and good to go by Calgary Expo at the end of April! That's the goal, at least. :3

"If that thing eats us, you're fired."

Armour WIP thread

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Mando Build- Take Two
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2016, 07:04 AM »
Looks like you have a solid start vod!  And with Hett'ciri clan you are in awesome hands, they are a great bunch of people :)  I would second the idea of adding shinplates, but the final decision is up to you and really just depends on the overall look you are going for with your kit.  Hopefully I will get to meet you at Calgary expo!

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Awesome start, vod!  I can't wait to see more.  And like Evaarla, the shins are up to you...but personally I think that you can't have too much armor.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kel Redal

• Definitely Not A Jawa
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2016, 01:54 AM »
So, I'm apparently terrible at posting updates. >.>

Armour plates are cut and painted and mostly affixed to my person, and I may be acquiring a bucket from a clanmate. Yay! We might just have a wearable set of beskar'gam for Calgary Expo this weekend. :D

Never minding that I'm nowhere near approvable at this stage. :P Still have to finish my gauntlets and my bucket, and do weathering/battle damage that's not the result of paint or knives not doing what they're supposed to...

And yes, I *promise* I do have the actual flightsuit pants and the boots and won't be rocking the Mando in jeans and pink-laced sneakers. Or will I?... >.>

Armour WIP thread

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2016, 08:28 AM »
Wonderful start on the kit. Sounds like you have a solid plan of action and lots of great help in your new clan mates.

Look forward to seeing more progress updates!

Oya vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Kel Redal

• Definitely Not A Jawa
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2016, 01:58 AM »
Update time!

So, Deez sold me an extra resin bucket she had no use for (and it's a good thing I've a smaller head than her!), so I spent today in a fine frenzy getting it cut and painted and stuff...

And this is the end result. :3 Full kit to date, minus the chest diamond/cod piece (I'm doing a soft vinyl thing for that, will be sewing tomorrow morning!)/weapon/secondary belt (sitting somewhere in my room...)/cape (which I just forgot to put on before getting pictures xD)

also, I've just realized that the light on my bucket makes it look like there's a suspiciously Boba-like dent in said bucket. There's not, I promise. It's just reflection from the light I was standing under. There'll be better pictures to prove it later. >.>

Armour WIP thread

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2016, 08:44 AM »
Really good job so far  ;D

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Hey, you need to fill that Boba dent in!!!

I've just realized that the light on my bucket makes it look like there's a suspiciously Boba-like dent in said bucket. There's not, I promise.

:P

Nice work, looking good. Enjoy the con :)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!