Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Holiday Special WIP

• 4 Replies

Kalaval Zil

• "Enemies, no matter, their all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Holiday Special WIP
« on: Mar 07, 2016, 03:02 AM »
hello, becouse of health issues, i left this project incomplete by the moment, someday i will be finished will all the glory of the Fett.

well, i always like Boba Fett first appereance on the Holiday special cartoon, when i see guys in kit across the internet i always see just fett parts but painted as similar colors of the cartoon, the most some guys do is to eliminate the diamond piece in the center of the chest.

first task was search for reference images, every frame in the cartoon are different draw and style of the helmet, is not just a classic boba movie accurate. for the most similar reference is the CW-Death Watch helmets, as those are cartoon based for the series, and that helmet already exist. something i donīt like at all. so i decided to do a Boba Fett, but the most cartoon accurate, but in perfect mix to be real and wearable kit with unique parts and helmet.

so this is what Iīve made so far. Is just my interpretation of the kit.

Chest plate, as supposed to be independent plates, i made a complete plate, īcos i donīt like to se fett with misligned plates. in the cartoon, seems to be all togheter.

Boots and gauntlets

For the gaunts i have one part so far :/

Boots are made of e.v.a. foam, i planned to be covered with fabric to get the look. fits me well, fells great at walk and seems to be pretty much as the cartoon.

Now the most (I think) controversial: The helmet. as i tell you, every frame is different, and this is only my version. i still wanna know if this helmet and parts can be considered, if i want apply as canon boba holiday special to continue and finish the kit.

Another reference i use a little is a Gentle Giant statuette

My version.

for the back of the helmet are only one shot as reference, for the earcap too!

I need advice so i can continue or not, but most of all, i always appreciate your comments.
cheers

Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Holiday Special WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2016, 12:59 PM »
I can't give you any sure advice on how to proceed with this, but man, this is cool. There's been several Holiday Special builds I've seen in the past, and they all are done is a more realistic "movie" style. Never seen one like this that goes for the cartoon look, so I give your major respect for that.

The boot idea is pretty ingenious, how well does that hold up to walking around?

Nice work on that helmet sculpt, that is some dedication. Look like you've matched it pretty well to the reference images. If it was me, I might have made the face a little more angular. Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Fettski

• The Crab'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:04 PM »
I dig this and I look forward to more updates!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2016, 10:22 AM »
I'll be watching this. I want to eventually get back to my movie style Holiday Fett but love this!

Official Troop Count: 73

Kalaval Zil

• "Enemies, no matter, their all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2016, 12:28 PM »
Thanks goys for all the comments, i was indecided at first, but now, iīm totally GO for it and apply it if itīs possible, thanks,
i need sugestions or tips about colors, there is a spray can of "rust-o-leoum" with the color matches the chest plate?????
of wich can i use for the light blue or all the blue color i need, do i paint a thin black line in gaunts and helmet, to be more cartoonish???
again thanks vods

Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!